The Queen's Gate Hotel
$257
$238
Travelocity
1,075 results
All reviewsalbert hallhyde parkthe natural history museumgloucester roadimperial collegetriple roomnice hotelminute walkkensington gardensbooked this hotelperfect locationbeds were very comfortablesmall bathroomlondon hotelfamily roomhotel barbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Some of the reviews worried me, but my budget was limited and no other option. I needed a place to stay for 1 night during the tube strike. I was in London for work. The location is good. I had a 5th floor room, away from the lift facing the back of the building and for London, it was relatively quiet (you can hear doors elsewhere shutting). I found it better than a lot of those anonymous huge mid-range London hotels. Room was small (2 single beds but that was ok for me), but that's London for you. It was clean, good shower, well equipped with basics, free wifi, laminate floor (so no icky old carpet) and decent breakfast. Window opened and the aircon unit worked so not stuffy. Not necessarily the place for a romantic weekend, but I would use it again.

Room Tip: There is a room between 2 lifts and I would imagine that as a previous reviewer said, it is noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RuthRL2014
TheQueensGateHotel, Front Office Manager at The Queen's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear RuthRL2014,

Thank you very much for the time invested in writing your wonderful feedback.

We are absolutely delighted you had such a great stay at the hotel. I am equally thrilled to read that despite some negative previous reviews you decided to give us a go and you enjoyed your short visit at the hotel.

I am very pleased to read your kind comments about the room as well as the hotel facilities.

We will be more than happy to welcome you again on your next visit to London.

Once more thank you very much for sharing your experience with the online community and for your kind words.

Yours sincerely,

The Queen's Gate Hotel ****

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel is very central and the staff on the door and reception were very polite. The only downside was that we were put in a basement Room. Was very dingy and we felt very claustrophobic and couldn't wait to get up and leave and see some natural light.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Debbier R,

Thank you very much for your comments about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your review and your honest feedback.

I am very pleased to learn that you appreciated the quality of the hotel staff. We are very proud of our staff at The Queen's Gate Hotel and it is always pleasing to receive such wonderful comments as yours. We constantly try to improve the quality of our service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their services are duly recognized.

I am very sorry that the room you were allocated did not meet your standards. The rooms on the lower ground floor are often much larger than the ones on the upper floors and they all have access to daylight. However, our reception staff are always happy to offer an alternative one should the guests decide to change the room. In future, if you decide to stay with us, please feel free to contact our reception/management at any time should you not find your room satisfactory.

All in all, we are extremely thankful for your positive comments, as well as your constructive feedback.

We would be grateful to get another chance to welcome you and your partner again to prove our high standards of hospitality.

The Queen's Gate Hotel****

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I chose this hotel because of its location- my party and I have very hectic lives and wanted a nice quiet location to relax and enjoy a good night's sleep. We were never informed that there were building works literally next door which was also directly outside our window. I complained and did get a discounted rate (quite reluctantly) but I would rather have been informed so I could pay the same amount at another hotel and not get woken up at 8am.
Our relaxing break was not so relaxing, which was a shame as the hotel is lovely.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
TheQueensGateHotel, Front Office Manager at The Queen's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Dear Lucy R,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay at The Queen's Gate Hotel.

While I am very pleased to read that you appreciated the hotel and your overall stay with us, I recognize that certain aspects of your visit left something to be desired. I would like to deeply apologize for the disturbing noises which made it so difficult for you to rest in the morning. I do understand how distressing it must have been and I do wish we could have done something more to prevent it from happening.

For operational reasons, we are unable to inform in advance about any works occurring in the neighbourhood, as the works take place on random days and they hardly ever cause any interruptions to functioning of the hotel. I am very sorry that your stay was affected so much by this issue and I am glad that the colleague who responded to your complaint reacted adequately and correctly in this situation.

I will certainly submit your suggestions to the hotel management for consideration and hopefully this issue will not appear again.

Please be assured that your experience is not representative of our usual standards of service here at The Queen’s Gate Hotel. I do hope that you will reconsider and return to our hotel as I am sure that you will find the service to be much improved.

The Queen's Gate Hotel****

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. It is in a great position and within walking distance of V and A, space museum, natural history museum and kensington gardens. There are many cafés around the corner on Gloucester road. I found the staff to ce polite and professional and the standard of cleanliness is very high.

Room Tip: We stayed on 5floor so we had a lovely view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed with my two teenaged kids and the room for three was huge, clean and in a nice location. But the interior was quite cold and empty. The beds were not really comfortable and for me to soft. In the bath they were small things partly broken, like shower or water tap (maybe it is just the British way). But in all the hotel was good and we had a nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank meybo
TheQueensGateHotel, Front Office Manager at The Queen's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Meybo,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay. We are thankful for your positive comments as well as your constructive feedback.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We intend to provide our customers with the best service we can offer and I am thrilled to learn that our hard work has been noticed.

I would like to sincerely apologize for any faults that you encountered during your stay with us. We have taken your comments very seriously and I will address the issues with the relevant departments in order to implement positive changes.

We hope you had a save journey home and we would be glad to get another chance to convince you entirely of our service quality.