The Queen's Gate Hotel
$288
$280
Hotels.com
1,095 results
All reviewsalbert hallhyde parkthe natural history museumgloucester roadimperial collegetriple roomnice hotelminute walkkensington gardensbooked this hotelperfect locationbeds were very comfortablesmall bathroomlondon hotelfamily roomhotel barbuffet breakfast
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel itself is quite nice - recently renovated and modern. Location wise, it is about a 10-12 minute walk to the tube - which was a little too far for convenience sake in the cold winter with snow (plenty of other quaint hotels with closer access). There are no close by shops or restaurants either - so you need to walk back to Gloucester Rd for any amenities. The wifi charge for one week was GBP30 (I was only there 4 nights - but it was cheaper to buy the week package)... in this day and age, I still cannot comprehend why hotels insist on charging for wifi, and was kicking myself that I did not check in advance. Service was friendly, room comfortable, breakfast (GB12) was a good selection.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

On a map we had, the nearest underground looked to be South Kensington but in fact it is Gloucester Road. It's right up the side of the Natural History Museum but quite a way up on the left. I had 2 children with me and it was a bit far for them to the tube, especially when they've been out all day. There are no shops or restaurants near the hotel so this was disappointing.

Room was large, laminated floor, small entrance area which could do with some coat hooks - sadly lacking. Tv, tea/coffee facilities (no hot choc for kids, and after room had been cleaned there were not enough supplies to make more hot drinks). The room lacked sockets near the beds and the floor was very slippy if wearing socks so beware!
The bathroom had seen better days and lacked anywhere to put toiletries although they did supply various items eg., shower caps, toothbrush sets, shoe shine etc. we didn't have enough towels so had to ring for some and they were brought quickly to our room.
Check in and out was efficient and courteous. We didn't have breakfast as it was £15 each.
We paid £360 for 2 nights which is expensive but this is London. Think I will look elsewhere next time I'm in London.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was a vey enjoyable experience. I stayed at the Abba Queen's Gate with my girlfriend in early January, for three nights. I got pleasantly surprised by the warm and cosy modern interior of the hotel (room and lobby). Rooms are spacious, clean, very good equipment and amenities. Staff is helpful and friendly. The value/ price correlation is extremely competitive, especially for London.

A very special mention to the location of the hotel, at Queen's Gate Gardens (Kensington) and 5 min walk from Gloucester Road tube station and the Natural History Museum. You can also get bus 9 or 10 to Knightsbridge and Oxford Rd (cheaper and nicer).

Overall, the best hotel I've been in London. 4 stars +.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

ABBA Queen's Gate is THE place to stay for short visits to London especially if not a tourist or at least when you are way too familiar with most of London and what the city has to offer.

This hotel is located in one of the most beautiful and cleanest of areas in London and is very quiet. The Queen's Gate street is sure one of the quiet streets in London and also in a safe neighborhood, in a stone throw distant from both the Natural History museum and Science museum but also Victoria and Albert and also very close to Royal Albert Hall. the shopping high street of Kensington as well as in about 25 minutes walk through either the Hyde Park or the Kensington Garden street (if open to public) you ll be in Bayswater which is an excellent place for those who love to experience food from all corners of the world especially Persian or Lebanese etc.

The hotel is very clean, staff friendly enough and the night receptionist more than helpful. Even in my case when I had made a mistake and booked one night, they politely contacted me to check where I was and when they couldn't reach me, they kept my stuff in the room until I was back in the hotel to re-book the same hotel room for me and I could book it using the same promotion as for previous night.

The bar is very neat, the hostess there, a lovely Spanish (Multilingual) woman is more than happy to help you with your drinks, very good tea if you ask me, and the room is quiet, large enough for 2 tall people and all with all, I just strongly recommend this hotel.

the bed was King size, but really king size, 2 meters long and almost 2 meter wide!

I sure will go back to ABBA Queen's Gate hotel, sad they don't have loyalty programs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com