On a map we had, the nearest underground looked to be South Kensington but in fact it is Gloucester Road. It's right up the side of the Natural History Museum but quite a way up on the left. I had 2 children with me and it was a bit far for them to the tube, especially when they've been out all day. There are no shops or restaurants near the hotel so this was disappointing.
Room was large, laminated floor, small entrance area which could do with some coat hooks - sadly lacking. Tv, tea/coffee facilities (no hot choc for kids, and after room had been cleaned there were not enough supplies to make more hot drinks). The room lacked sockets near the beds and the floor was very slippy if wearing socks so beware!
The bathroom had seen better days and lacked anywhere to put toiletries although they did supply various items eg., shower caps, toothbrush sets, shoe shine etc. we didn't have enough towels so had to ring for some and they were brought quickly to our room.
Check in and out was efficient and courteous. We didn't have breakfast as it was £15 each.
We paid £360 for 2 nights which is expensive but this is London. Think I will look elsewhere next time I'm in London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 19th-century town house is about 500 metres from Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park. It features a small gym, spacious bedrooms, and a bar with patio for snacks and tapas. Stylish bedrooms at the refurbished Abba Queens Gate have air conditioning, large windows, and a mini-bar. Each has a chic design, with a wooden floor and LCD TV. Set on a pleasant London street, Abba Queens Gate London Hotel is about 8 minutes' walk from Gloucester Road Tube Station. The Natural History Museum is about 350 metres away, and the V&A Museum is an extra few minutes' walk down Cromwell Road. Harrods department store and the designer shops at Knightsbridge are 15 - 20 minutes' walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your The Queen's Gate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abba Queens Gate London
- Hotel Abba Queens Gate
- Abba Hotel London
- Abba Queens Gate Hotel London
- The Queen's Gate Hotel London, England