“Large triple room, slight annoyances but very close to Natural History Museum.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Queen's Gate Hotel

You added The Queen's Gate Hotel to your Saves list
The Queen's Gate Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 - 34 Queen's Gate, London SW7 5JA, England (Formerly Abba Queen's Gate Hotel) (South Kensington)   |
Ranked #306 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

On a map we had, the nearest underground looked to be South Kensington but in fact it is Gloucester Road. It's right up the side of the Natural History Museum but quite a way up on the left. I had 2 children with me and it was a bit far for them to the tube, especially when they've been out all day. There are no shops or restaurants near the hotel so this was disappointing.

Room was large, laminated floor, small entrance area which could do with some coat hooks - sadly lacking. Tv, tea/coffee facilities (no hot choc for kids, and after room had been cleaned there were not enough supplies to make more hot drinks). The room lacked sockets near the beds and the floor was very slippy if wearing socks so beware!
The bathroom had seen better days and lacked anywhere to put toiletries although they did supply various items eg., shower caps, toothbrush sets, shoe shine etc. we didn't have enough towels so had to ring for some and they were brought quickly to our room.
Check in and out was efficient and courteous. We didn't have breakfast as it was £15 each.
We paid £360 for 2 nights which is expensive but this is London. Think I will look elsewhere next time I'm in London.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was a vey enjoyable experience. I stayed at the Abba Queen's Gate with my girlfriend in early January, for three nights. I got pleasantly surprised by the warm and cosy modern interior of the hotel (room and lobby). Rooms are spacious, clean, very good equipment and amenities. Staff is helpful and friendly. The value/ price correlation is extremely competitive, especially for London.

A very special mention to the location of the hotel, at Queen's Gate Gardens (Kensington) and 5 min walk from Gloucester Road tube station and the Natural History Museum. You can also get bus 9 or 10 to Knightsbridge and Oxford Rd (cheaper and nicer).

Overall, the best hotel I've been in London. 4 stars +.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
the Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

ABBA Queen's Gate is THE place to stay for short visits to London especially if not a tourist or at least when you are way too familiar with most of London and what the city has to offer.

This hotel is located in one of the most beautiful and cleanest of areas in London and is very quiet. The Queen's Gate street is sure one of the quiet streets in London and also in a safe neighborhood, in a stone throw distant from both the Natural History museum and Science museum but also Victoria and Albert and also very close to Royal Albert Hall. the shopping high street of Kensington as well as in about 25 minutes walk through either the Hyde Park or the Kensington Garden street (if open to public) you ll be in Bayswater which is an excellent place for those who love to experience food from all corners of the world especially Persian or Lebanese etc.

The hotel is very clean, staff friendly enough and the night receptionist more than helpful. Even in my case when I had made a mistake and booked one night, they politely contacted me to check where I was and when they couldn't reach me, they kept my stuff in the room until I was back in the hotel to re-book the same hotel room for me and I could book it using the same promotion as for previous night.

The bar is very neat, the hostess there, a lovely Spanish (Multilingual) woman is more than happy to help you with your drinks, very good tea if you ask me, and the room is quiet, large enough for 2 tall people and all with all, I just strongly recommend this hotel.

the bed was King size, but really king size, 2 meters long and almost 2 meter wide!

I sure will go back to ABBA Queen's Gate hotel, sad they don't have loyalty programs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I shall keep this short and sweet. This Hotel is fantastic, Very Clean, Modern fixtures, Friendly Staff. The buffet breakfast was a treat each morning. A good mixture of both english and continental foods, numerous drink choices. The hotel is in a good location only 5 mins walk from Gloucester road tube station, And only 5mins walk from Natural History museum . I shall certianly return to the Abba queens Gate, infact I very much look forward to it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Spent 4 nights in this superb hotel. Our room was a triple room and although it was in the basement it was spacious enough for 3 persons and it had all we needed including 2 LCD TVs, an Iron board, a mini bar and a kettle for tea and coffee. The staff were very nice and helpful whenever we needed to ask anything. The only things that we found a bit on the expensive side were the internet and breakfast. They BF cost Stg15 whilst the internet for 24hrs costs Stg10. Other than that all was excellent and I highly recommend this hotel without any hesitation. I myself plan to stay here again on my next trip to London. The area is simply superb with everything you need to make your holiday a truly excellent one.
I must mention this small episode before I conclude. When I arrived back in Malta I noticed that I forgot a pair of Hilfiger trousers in the wardrobe, I called the hotel to ask if they found anything, the receptionist by the name of Patrick really went out of his way to check for me and called me back an hour later to tell me that they found the trousers and that they will be sending them back by post. This is what I call truly excellent customer service, these are the small things that make us customers happy. Patrick I do not know who you are personally but I wish to thank you in this review for checking and calling back.

Room Tip: Although the triple room was in the basement, it was still excellent and spacious.