ABBA Queen's Gate is THE place to stay for short visits to London especially if not a tourist or at least when you are way too familiar with most of London and what the city has to offer.
This hotel is located in one of the most beautiful and cleanest of areas in London and is very quiet. The Queen's Gate street is sure one of the quiet streets in London and also in a safe neighborhood, in a stone throw distant from both the Natural History museum and Science museum but also Victoria and Albert and also very close to Royal Albert Hall. the shopping high street of Kensington as well as in about 25 minutes walk through either the Hyde Park or the Kensington Garden street (if open to public) you ll be in Bayswater which is an excellent place for those who love to experience food from all corners of the world especially Persian or Lebanese etc.
The hotel is very clean, staff friendly enough and the night receptionist more than helpful. Even in my case when I had made a mistake and booked one night, they politely contacted me to check where I was and when they couldn't reach me, they kept my stuff in the room until I was back in the hotel to re-book the same hotel room for me and I could book it using the same promotion as for previous night.
The bar is very neat, the hostess there, a lovely Spanish (Multilingual) woman is more than happy to help you with your drinks, very good tea if you ask me, and the room is quiet, large enough for 2 tall people and all with all, I just strongly recommend this hotel.
the bed was King size, but really king size, 2 meters long and almost 2 meter wide!
I sure will go back to ABBA Queen's Gate hotel, sad they don't have loyalty programs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 19th-century town house is about 500 metres from Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park. It features a small gym, spacious bedrooms, and a bar with patio for snacks and tapas. Stylish bedrooms at the refurbished Abba Queens Gate have air conditioning, large windows, and a mini-bar. Each has a chic design, with a wooden floor and LCD TV. Set on a pleasant London street, Abba Queens Gate London Hotel is about 8 minutes' walk from Gloucester Road Tube Station. The Natural History Museum is about 350 metres away, and the V&A Museum is an extra few minutes' walk down Cromwell Road. Harrods department store and the designer shops at Knightsbridge are 15 - 20 minutes' walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Queen's Gate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abba Queens Gate London
- Hotel Abba Queens Gate
- Abba Hotel London
- Abba Queens Gate Hotel London
- The Queen's Gate Hotel London, England