ABBA Queen's Gate is THE place to stay for short visits to London especially if not a tourist or at least when you are way too familiar with most of London and what the city has to offer.
This hotel is located in one of the most beautiful and cleanest of areas in London and is very quiet. The Queen's Gate street is sure one of the quiet streets in London and also in a safe neighborhood, in a stone throw distant from both the Natural History museum and Science museum but also Victoria and Albert and also very close to Royal Albert Hall. the shopping high street of Kensington as well as in about 25 minutes walk through either the Hyde Park or the Kensington Garden street (if open to public) you ll be in Bayswater which is an excellent place for those who love to experience food from all corners of the world especially Persian or Lebanese etc.
The hotel is very clean, staff friendly enough and the night receptionist more than helpful. Even in my case when I had made a mistake and booked one night, they politely contacted me to check where I was and when they couldn't reach me, they kept my stuff in the room until I was back in the hotel to re-book the same hotel room for me and I could book it using the same promotion as for previous night.
The bar is very neat, the hostess there, a lovely Spanish (Multilingual) woman is more than happy to help you with your drinks, very good tea if you ask me, and the room is quiet, large enough for 2 tall people and all with all, I just strongly recommend this hotel.
the bed was King size, but really king size, 2 meters long and almost 2 meter wide!
I sure will go back to ABBA Queen's Gate hotel, sad they don't have loyalty programs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 19th-century town house hotel has a privileged upscale location in Kensington. Just 300 meters from The Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens and the Natural History Museum. The Science Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum are 5 minutes away. Imperial College is directly across the street. Both the Royal College of Music and the Royal College of Art are just 300 meters. The Tube stations "South Kensington"and "Gloucester Road" are 800 meters away with fantastic direct connections to Heathrow Airport, Eurostar, Theatreland, the West End, the City and Victoria Station for Gatwick Airport. Olympia Exhibition and Conference Centre is just 18 m inutes by direct bus. Harrods, Harvey Nichols and the designer boutiques in Knightsbridge and Sloane Street are just a 10 minutes walk. The stylish and spacious bedrooms (90) have a chic boutique feel, are air conditioned with en-suite bathroom and shower. Features include fast and free WiFi, large windows, a mini-bar, large LCD TV and wooden floors. Facilities include the Q bar with an outdoor terrace, restaurant, room service, 2 meeting rooms for 25 persons each, an internet corner and a small fitness centre. A large variety of bars and restaurants, ATMs, grocery stores and pharmacies are in the neighbourhood. We look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Queen's Gate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abba Queens Gate London
- Hotel Abba Queens Gate
- Abba Hotel London
- Abba Queens Gate Hotel London
- The Queen's Gate Hotel London, England