just returned home from a girls trip to London, eight of us stayed at the Hotel Abba. Fantastic location to get to The Albert Hall (high heel walking distance) and the Natural History Museum just at the end of the road. Tube station very short walk away and lovely French cafe near by for fresh baked pastries.
Hotel reception staff friendly and helpful. Rooms have comfy beds and nice bed linen, iron and ironing board, good amount of wardrobe space, nice hot showers, hair dryers, tea, coffee and mini bar. Rooms clean and nicely decorated. Some rooms had views onto the road at front of hotel- very little traffic noise and others over back of hotel. Breakfast £15.00 per person buffet style which we didn't try because felt to be to expensive as with 4 teenage girls who don't get their appetites up til later in the morning and party out before 10 am.
The hotel Bar disappointing as closed when returned to hotel on both Fri and Sat night (back before 12) so recommend own wine to be taken!
All in all a lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 19th-century town house hotel has a privileged upscale location in Kensington. Just 300 meters from The Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens and the Natural History Museum. The Science Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum are 5 minutes away. Imperial College is directly across the street. Both the Royal College of Music and the Royal College of Art are just 300 meters. The Tube stations "South Kensington"and "Gloucester Road" are 800 meters away with fantastic direct connections to Heathrow Airport, Eurostar, Theatreland, the West End, the City and Victoria Station for Gatwick Airport. Olympia Exhibition and Conference Centre is just 18 m inutes by direct bus. Harrods, Harvey Nichols and the designer boutiques in Knightsbridge and Sloane Street are just a 10 minutes walk. The stylish and spacious bedrooms (90) have a chic boutique feel, are air conditioned with en-suite bathroom and shower. Features include fast and free WiFi, large windows, a mini-bar, large LCD TV and wooden floors. Facilities include the Q bar with an outdoor terrace, restaurant, room service, 2 meeting rooms for 25 persons each, an internet corner and a small fitness centre. A large variety of bars and restaurants, ATMs, grocery stores and pharmacies are in the neighbourhood. We look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Queen's Gate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abba Queens Gate London
- Hotel Abba Queens Gate
- Abba Hotel London
- Abba Queens Gate Hotel London
- The Queen's Gate Hotel London, England