The Abba, Queen's Gate is run very efficiently by a Spanish chain. It's in an elegant part of Kensington fairly near the Albert Hall and the major museums. The hotel is part of what must have been a rather grand house. It has been skilfully converted to provide comfortable rooms and public areas. The restaurant is tastefully furnished in black and white (as is the rest of the hotel) and is rather small. The breakfast room on the lower ground floor is windowless but cheerfully decorated in grey and red and we found it rather pleasant. The breakfast itself was very acceptable.
Our room was on the fifth floor and was quiet, a little cramped but well equipped. However it did have a rotten window frame and the bath plug didn't work.
A further downside is that wifi has to be paid for separately.
The staff were all attentive, pleasant and helpful. Not surprisingly a number of Spanish people use this hotel.
The hotel is situated a fair walk from both Underground stations and bus stops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 19th-century town house hotel has a privileged upscale location in Kensington. Just 300 meters from The Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens and the Natural History Museum. The Science Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum are 5 minutes away. Imperial College is directly across the street. Both the Royal College of Music and the Royal College of Art are just 300 meters. The Tube stations "South Kensington"and "Gloucester Road" are 800 meters away with fantastic direct connections to Heathrow Airport, Eurostar, Theatreland, the West End, the City and Victoria Station for Gatwick Airport. Olympia Exhibition and Conference Centre is just 18 m inutes by direct bus. Harrods, Harvey Nichols and the designer boutiques in Knightsbridge and Sloane Street are just a 10 minutes walk. The stylish and spacious bedrooms (90) have a chic boutique feel, are air conditioned with en-suite bathroom and shower. Features include fast and free WiFi, large windows, a mini-bar, large LCD TV and wooden floors. Facilities include the Q bar with an outdoor terrace, restaurant, room service, 2 meeting rooms for 25 persons each, an internet corner and a small fitness centre. A large variety of bars and restaurants, ATMs, grocery stores and pharmacies are in the neighbourhood. We look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Queen's Gate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abba Queens Gate London
- Hotel Abba Queens Gate
- Abba Hotel London
- Abba Queens Gate Hotel London
- The Queen's Gate Hotel London, England