“I liked it”
Review of Ping Pong

Ping Pong
Reserve with OpenTable
Ping Pong is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,715 of 25,305 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Ping Pong we have kept all the best bits of the ancient tradition of Chinese tea houses, like meeting to relax and share. We just thought that after a thousand years or so it would be ok to add cocktails to the mix. Our Dim Sum is handcrafted by our specialist chefs using the freshest ingredients. We may have put a man on the moon, but there remains no better way to make Dim Sum.Join us for an endless assortment of steamed or griddled dumplings, steamed fluffy buns, baked flaky puffs, spring rolls, soups or coconut rice pots and, admire the varied shapes and colours of our little parcels of deliciousness. Enjoy some of our signature dishes or our Dim Sum favourites such as the king prawn & garlic black dumpling, beef and cumin dumpling, chive dumpling, scallop & shitake dumpling, har gau, char sui bun or crispy hoi sin duck spring roll, all available for a starting price of £2.95 a serving. We love a sharing experience at Ping Pong so try our set menus to take through the A-Z taste of Dim Sum, starting from £9.99. Have you heard about our seasonal specials? These are our unique creations updated every two months, so catch them while you can.Tea drinking is an integral part of the Chinese Dim Sum experience, come and wow your eyes with our hand-tied flowering teas and hand-rolled jasmine pearls. Simply sit back and let the tea theatrically blossom in your glass. We also offer an exclusive range of cocktails, such as a lychee & roses martini (tanqueray gin, rose petals and lychee juice) or Dragon Punch (Bacardi oak heart, wray and nephew, agave nectar, pineapple, lemon juice and cinnamon with pear purée and basil seeds). Coolers and iced teas are also our speciality with the exotic pineapple coconut and lime, Lemon& Lychee iced tea, or Elderflower basil & Lemonade. A wide variety of Chinese beers and wines of the world are also available.
Reviewed April 24, 2015

If you are looking for something a little bit different then this may suit. Mostly Dim Sun menu with cocktails. Portions not too big and waiting staff very pleasant.
Only thing I did not like was the automatic service charge as I prefer to give this to the staff myself.

Reviewed April 21, 2015

Amazing dim sum in the city with tons of options. Not touristy at all, yet in a great location just off Tower Bridge. They have taken particular care in providing info regarding different food allergies which was important to us.

Reviewed April 13, 2015

This is the place to go for great Dim Sum. We reserved a table for 7pm and had a window table overlooking the years in the dock area.

The service was prompt and speedy and looking around the restaurant, guests were having a great time with their cocktails - we had champagne!

We chose the set menu because it offered such great choice and we wanted to add an extra couple of dishes on top but the waitress suggested that we not order the additional dishes as there was already a lot of food in the set meal. She was right - she could have just let us order and the food would have been wasted, along with the money, but she gave us the option of ordering the extra food if we felt we had not had enough to eat. That is good customer service!! Staff you can trust.

The food was totally delicious, the service was superb and the toilets were clean.

We gave a 25% tip because the whole experience was outstanding.

Reviewed April 10, 2015 via mobile

I really loved the food...it was my first restaurant experience of chinese food. The prawn toast was delicious. If I were to rate food alone, its five stars but I've given an overall 3 because of bad service. The waitress was a bit discriminating. I waited for 20 minutes for the bill. She kept looking at our side but didn't bring it. However, when the couple next to us asked for it she brought them the bill immediately. At that point I asked her again to bring it but she cleaned a few more tables before bringing me the bill. When I complained about waiting for so long, she just said sorry in a rude way and gave no explanation at all.

1  Thank M N
Reviewed April 9, 2015

I´m between London and Spain and this is one of my favourite restaurants. I love Dim Sum, I love their mojitos and the environment is amazing. High recommended!!

1  Thank barbarabrown2015

Been to Ping Pong? Share your experiences!