“A Maze to Find My Room”
Review of Queensway Hotel

Queensway Hotel
Ranked #799 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I'd like to think I'm an easy-going person and traveller and can handle quirky hotels. But to get to my 4th floor room I needed to get off on the 3rd floor and bring myself and my suitcase up 2 additional staircases-one a bit steep.
The location in terms of Paddington (which is why I chose this location) was great. The staff were nice and the breakfast was ok but if you get assigned to the top floor, be prepared.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TessM

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I travelled with my 8-year old son to London as a part of a trip to UK to see a football match. We were looking for a reasonably priced one-night stay so that we could discover as much of the city as we could, even if we had very little time.

The hotel are just 2 blocks off the Paddington underground and train station, which is very practical. The area has its fair share of restaurants and shops. There's a bit of traffic noise, but keep your window closed and you're okay. From Sunday to Monday, we paid around €100 which I think is an ok price.

The hotel is a typical Basewater area tourist hotel, and due to its size I think it does have that "personal" feel to it. It's kind of basic. Staff was very helpful and friendly. When we left I forgot some items in our room and had to come back to get it - not a problem.

The room we had was fairly large, so if you stay in London for a few days and you do some shopping, you'll have good enough space for your new stuff. TV set was a bit old and not too many channels, no childrens tv which would have been good. I have also seen cleaner rooms, but it was very far from being filthy. I't okay but not more.

For that price it's good value for money and I'll consider staying there for our next London visit.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Dagers
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Great location - 4 minute walk to Paddington Station and shops; and a little longer walk to Hyde Park. Clean twin room with good shower in the ensuite. Free wireless internet a bonus. Breakfast staff were brilliant and happily toasted our gluten-free bread each morning. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms close to and on the same level as reception have good wireless connection
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Great location near Paddington station (lots of tube connections and direct train to Heathrow) and Hyde Park. Very friendly staff that let us check in early when we arrived at 8:30am. Very clean, quiet, nice breakfast included. I'd definitely recommend it!

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights in september with my boyfriend. I don't know about the rest of the hotel but we stayed on the 4th floor and in our room(403) there was some kind of generator in the ceiling above the bed which started to make loud washingmashine-like noises every time someone in the other rooms turned on their water (during the night as well, yes). This was really annoying! The bathroom was really small as well. We stayed 5 nights and towels were not changed once. In addition it seems the cleaning was a bit poor (see picture attached).

The one good thing about the hotel was the location. It is located in a very nice area and only 2 minute walk to the tube station "Paddington" with some nice restaurants and pubs nearby.

I would definitive reccomend Paddington as an area to stay but not this hotel. If you absolutly want to stay there, stay away from noisy room 403!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 4th floor, in particular room 403.
1  Thank MaLa85
Reviewed September 13, 2011

When I rate this hotel as “excellent” I’ve taken the price and the hotel’s description into consideration. I get the feeling that many reviewers don’t take these factors into consideration when reviewing hotels. As reflected from both the price and the hotels description, it’s not a luxurious hotel, but it’s a great hotel if you’re looking for a basic room in nice and clean surroundings without paying too much

The room was quite small (but not claustrofobic), and was furnished with a big bed, a closet, coffee/tea maker, TV and a desk. The bathroom was also quite small, but very nice and clean. The cleaning was very good both at arrival and during the stay. We didn’t hear any sounds from outside or from other guests (we had a room at the back, it's probably more noise at the front).

Great location – 3-4 minutes walk to Paddington station (a good selection of restaurants, cafes, bars on the way there) and close to Hyde Park. Friendly staff.

I don’t understand why people complain about the breakfast. The hotel advertise with continental breakfast, and then you can’t expect a large buffet. You get coffee, tea, juice, yoghurt, croissant, toast and a selection of jam/marmelade, the breakfast staff are very nice and the surroundings are clean and hygenic. If you need a buffet or full english breakfast, there are many places close by the hotel which serve this

3  Thank Oslo28
Reviewed July 15, 2011

basic breakfast included, walking distance from the trainstation to Heatrow airport, would stay there again.

Room Tip: elevator goes only up to 3rd floor, and from there you walk stairs to reach higher floors. ask for t...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family