The reviews for Parkwood definitely helped me to decide where to stay. There were no unpleasant surprises. As a solo traveler I was in one of the single rooms with a shared bathroom. This might cause some people anxiety, but the truth is I never had a problem with access and the bathrooms were always clean and well stocked.
My rooom was small compared to what I am used to state-side, but it was clean and the bed quite comfortable. Since I was there during a unseasonably cold Spring I didn't have to worry about a/c and the room generally stayed comfortable enough without the heat on. My room was humoursly referred to as the 'Harry Potter' room since the entrance was right beneath the stairwell. The only complaint was the thundering sound of footsteps going up and/or down; however, I couldn't get to upset since you could always tell the ones making the noise were children and, hey let's face it, Parkwood is an older house/townhouse dwelling. It's to be expected. I tend to take stairs where ever I go so that wasn't an issue for me.
The breakfast was great. I never left hungry, and there was a great variety to choose from as compared to other offerings from hotels closer by. I really can't give a negative review since any annoyance was small and my stay there quite enjoyable due to price, cleanliness, and comfort. I would have no problem going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Best of UK" Award Winner, 2009-2010! The Parkwood occupies one of the best locations for a good-value hotel in London - next to Oxford Street and Marble Arch on a fairly quiet street, just 50 yards from Hyde Park, in a section of London known as Connaught Village. "Frommers" NB- Free breakfast if booking is made from the hotel's own website. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Parkwood at Marble Arch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkwood At Marble Arch Hotel London
- Parkwood At Marble Arch London, England