“Central London Hotel”

Parkwood at Marble Arch
Ranked #26 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed in early March 2013 for 6 nights and found the reviews helpful in making our choice. The small hotel, located close to the tube stop (Marble Arch), is average to above average for its amenities such as room size, breakfast, cleanliness. It is a bit old and small, but this is common in central London. We had no problems or surprises. Overall, a good choice and value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed three nights, March 4-6, and loved it. The best part of this hotel is Inga. She goes out of her way to help you. Not only will she provide excellent directions and advice to all the places in London, she also got us tickets to see the Phantom of the Opera at Her Majestys Theatre and it was the best version of this play I have seen. I cannot say enough good things about Inga.

The room is typically small but clean and we had the private bath. The room was quiet and comfortable and the breakfast was as good as it gets. Bacon, sausage, eggs, cereal, toast, fruit, and if you are not full they will make more. The staff is all excellent.

A block from the Marble Arch, bus, and tube.

Room Tip: You may request a room with private bath if that is important to you. Of course it is a little more...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Booked parkwood after reading reviews here on TA. And I am very thankful that I did. Everything was excellent. The staff are very nice and friendly and helpful. There was a mishap when i checked in. The lady from reception gave me room 6, which apparently does not have a private bathroom. As soon as I am in the room, she comes knocking saying that this is the wrong room for me. From what I see, I would have been fine with that room as it seems really comfortable and ok in size, except for that it does not have its own bathroom. She then escorts me to the correct room. The room I booked, room 5, is on the first floor. (US 2nd). It has it's own bathroom and toilet. The room is a good size. In fact it is bigger than I expected. It has high ceilings and a full ceiling to floor window, which makes the room even larger. The bed is very comfortable. I can sleep in that bed for a very long time. A very relaxing way to end the day spent walking and walking around the sites. There is a tv, coffee/tea making appliance, a radio alarm clock, and a safe.
The breakfast is very very good. Not just the food but the staff as well. There is always a bowl of grapefruit. Also a choice of orange, grapefruit, apple juices. Coffee or tea is also served. There are lots of cereal choices as well. A staff will come get your order and she will then give you some toast. When you finish eating and still not full, you can even ask for more!
Location: parkwood is just about 5 minutes walk to the tube station, Hyde Park, and all shops along Oxford street. You cannot find a hotel in this area that offer the same low rate. Everything is just awesome. I would recommend parkwood to anyone and I will come back when I am back in London.

Room Tip: Room 5 faces the street but there is minimal to no noise at all. I slept fine all night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed 3 nite on dec2011... Excellent service.. Friendly staff.. With internet access... No lift.. We are lucky to get first floor for our room.. Room is big comfortable bed... English breakfast.. Great location.. What more can I say!!! Hotel is clean.. Loving it.. Sure to come back again...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Parkwood was an excellent place to call home for three nights. It's location was very nice being near public transit and Hyde Park. The service was great with clean accommodations, a delicious breakfast, and friendly staff. It is an older building so the noise from neighbors at night and in the morning was the only complaint. Other than that a great place!

Room Tip: Some rooms share a bathroom so make sure you specify a room with a shower/ water closet if desired.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AAlatimer
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was my second stay here and I love it!!!!!....the most convenient B and B.....staff are great...location can't be beaten.....rooms are what they are....you just have to know which one to book!!!!i love this place and am going back next February for 2 weeks!!!!!....love love love it!!!!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Kerrinny
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed at the Parkwood on the 26th January 2013 for one night. Great location for business or tourism right by Hyde Park and a short walk to the tube station, with this sort of location in London you would expect to pay highly inflated prices, however I found it was very reasonable. I satyed in room 6 which is a small room but this did not bother me as I just needed a bed to sleep in! Very clean and comfortable bed, nice digital TV, friendly staff and free wifi so no complaints from me and will be returning when I'm next in London.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business