Inga greeted us playfully and we had a great 2 night stay. Three of us shared a room and it was large enough for a budget room. We were on the first landing, so the stairs weren't a problem. The beds were comfy and the shower adequate. The breakfast was good, although we would have preferred a fresh grilled tomato to a canned one. The location was great, as it was a short walk to Hyde Park and walking distance from Harrods (a healthy walk). One night we walked to Marks and Spencers and ate our food and wine on the outdoor terrace which had a picnic table. Our room had a balcony, which was fun to stand on and watch the foot traffic below (very minimal, very quiet). Our plans changed and we checked out one day early and were only charged 60%, rather than the 100% as expected. Sadly, they were unable to resell the room...but that happens. We had a car and received something like 40% off a local carpark, which was appreciated, as parking can be very expensive in large cities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Best of UK" Award Winner, 2009-2010! The Parkwood occupies one of the best locations for a good-value hotel in London - next to Oxford Street and Marble Arch on a fairly quiet street, just 50 yards from Hyde Park, in a section of London known as Connaught Village. "Frommers" NB- Free breakfast if booking is made from the hotel's own website. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Parkwood at Marble Arch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkwood At Marble Arch Hotel London
- Parkwood At Marble Arch London, England