All reviews norfolk square paddington station full english breakfast heathrow express no lift free wifi in the lobby budget hotel national rail hyde park third floor triple room yogurt rooms are basic the location is perfect baked beans breakfast staff water pressure
Reviewed August 12, 2018

I come from Somerset once a year to a BBC Prom Concert. The last train back to my part of Somerset is the 11:45 'Sleeper' train arriving at my destination at 02:30...not ideal. I therefore prefer to stay overnight and return the following day. I need somewhere near either the Albert Hall or near Paddington station. This year I chose this hotel as being very close to Paddington station. Perfect...it was a very small room just for one at the top of the hotel and at the back. It was basic with a bed, a small TV, phone and tiny washbasin. The facilities for toilet and shower were down a couple of staircases. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was very good with excellent staff on hand. For an overnight stay it was just what I wanted. Not somewhere I would stay for more than one night but at the price I paid, £60 B&B, it was ideal...especially considering it is in London!

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Gilgamel
Reviewed August 4, 2018

We booked this last-minute and appreciated the price and the one good thing--convenience of nearness to Paddington Station. But our stay was awful. We were put in a closet of a room that shook often with the rumble of trains, with a window that faced--a few feet away--an office with its curtains open; no privacy and no peace. We practically had to crawl onto the bed--almost no walking space in the room. A charmless sardine can. We had laughed in advance about how they specified that the place offered toilet paper, but now I see why; don't expect them to provide anything beyond what they list. Bring the most basic toiletries, earplugs, and willingness to have your bed shake. But the worst part was breakfast, presided over by a booming member of the staff who reminded me of Steve Martin doing his "wild and crazy" guy routine--singing lounge lizard songs at the top of his lungs, making incessant and sometimes rude conversation; it was so bad it was kind of funny, but we hadn't booked a satiric comedy act. I don't need much in a hotel besides basic cleanliness, but this one wins my "don't go near it" warning.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Thank god I only stayed here one night on a business trip. On my arrival I was told I’m in room 10. Ok well if your in that room good luck finding it as the door is stained glass with a piece of plywood nailed to the back of it! Also a big gap round the lock were you can see right into the bedroom! Also no shower in the room but a shared shower in hallway. One we’re you can sit on the toilet and get showered all at once. No towels in the room and when I asked for one at reception I was told there is none then the guy went in the back and produced a used hand towel and said sorry it’s all we have at minute.
Well to top it off when I woke up in the morning i had bites all up my arm from bed bugs. This is the worst hotel I’ve been in my whole life of working in London. AVOID

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2018

Clean hotel with helpful staff. No free wi-fi in the room - has to be paid for but isn't expensive - free wi-fi in reception area. Just a couple of minutes from Paddington Station so a great location. Only stayed 1 night so didn't try the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Sadly, I must concur with a few reviewers in terms of the misleading nature of many of the reviews about this hotel. There's a few that are a lot more frank and honest and these are the ones you should pay attention to. We paid £120 per room while others it would seem paid £80. I'd have been a little more forgiving had the basement cupboard we were given as a room been £80. The room also was extremely tired and needed a serious refurbishment. Our friends room upstairs on the ground floor was not much bigger but was clearly recently updated. Rusty radiator and flaking ceiling paint above the tiny shower as well as a hole in the bathroom door were all evidence of poor maintenance. The shower was fun to operate. A bit like working out the combination on a safe. Left a bit....too hot! Right a bit......brrr, too cold. Petty perhaps, but should be better for the money they are asking for the room.
Breakfast was very nice and Georgio, the waiter very funny. Echoes of Manuel from Fawlty Towers? His humor very nearly helped us forget that 1 out of our party of 4 had to wait over 30 minutes for her breakfast. Everyone else on our table had long finished by the time it finally arrived. It wasn't just our table either. A couple of other guests had similar problems. Having said all that, the actual breakfast was very tasty. We were also given as much toast and tea as we could eat and drink. It may have been a one off rush due to several guests arriving for breakfast at once. Georgio was ever so apologetic and kept repeating, "is a not my fault!" I think I'll go for a Travel lodge or Premier Inn for our next visit to London. A bit pricier but you know exactly what to expect.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple