“Good location, avg room”
Review of St. David's Hotels

St. David's Hotels
Ranked #656 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The location is superb with stone throwing distance from Paddington station. The room comes with free breakfast but you hv to pay 3 pound each day for wifi or use wifi at the lobby. Not suitable if you come with big bags as there is no lift and stairway is very narrow. I stayed on third floor where i found it was quiet at nite, sufficient heating in the room. The room was typically small and so was the shower room. Everything is basic, but it's okay for me since i stayed only for just one nite before catching the train in the next morning. Breakfast was decent

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank zakBKK
There are newer reviews for St. David's Hotels

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a comfortable and well-priced hotel. From the first moment you enter the hotel, you feel like home, mainly because of the friendly, helpful and kind treatment received from the owners & staff. The location is a plus, with easy access to national rail and underground.
The breakfast is included. Although the menu is not extensive, the food is tasty and the waitresses are very attentive and flexible when it comes to prepare your food.
The room (twin room with en-suite shower, basin and toilet) was nice too: small, clean and warm. The bathroom is a little tiny but it's OK.
I have to highlight the excellent performance of Alex, the guy at the hotel reception, he's kind and eager to help. I would definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hirocim
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Back in St Davids for medical appointment St Marys hospital , and as always such a caring attitude towards all their guests, which is so important and welcome, especially under the circumstances. .
These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel owners for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Thank you so much you were fantastic, yet again. God Bless you all..

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a very comfortable budget hotel. Why is it a budget hotel? There's no elevator, the carpets are worn, and the rooms are small. However, the rooms are kept very clean, the price includes a delicious full English breakfast, and the beds are comfortable. Everybody on the staff is pleasant and very helpful. You don't have to worry about a heavy bag; someone will carry it up for you. Whenever I had a question about how to find something or how to get somewhere, someone drew me a map. Norfolk Square is quiet; I had a room overlooking the street and the only night that was at all noisy was Saturday. The hotel is less than five minutes from Paddington (by foot) and about the same distance from St. Mary's Hospital.

Room Tip: Eat at San Marco, which is at the end of the block. I had dinner there almost every night. Their f...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Travelor5509
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed at this small hotel for four nights (Mo-Fr) during the winterholiday and it was a positive experience. I had my two teenage girls with me on their first trip to London ever, and found this hotel perfect for our stay. It was value for money; easy to find and very close to Paddington, big English breakfast served at the table wich kept us going the whole day shopping and sightseeing, very friendly and helpful staff - they ordered tickets and had helpful tips for our stay. The room we had had nice beds, a tiny bathroom an a TV+ a fan :-). Fresh towels and cleaning every day. We would prefer a wooden floor to the carpet, but that is hard to find in any hotel in London... We had a room facing the park and it was quiet and nice. Hard to believe we were in the middle of a big city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Ingrid66_13
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Hi, Just got back,intomSydney after a 2 week break in London. I stayed at the St David's for the whole 2 weeks. To begin with, the location is excellent , literally out of Paddington station, walk up and out onto the footpath, cross the road , turn left at the first corner and you are at the from door of the hotel , literally 2 minute walk, so convenient for when you get back after a full day of being out and about. There are bus services all over the place, going to all parts of London. I was ablemto visit the London Zoo, Regent St, Oxford St, Kings Cross, St Pancras, British Musuem, and more and more , all from Buses direct , and all located around the streets of the hotel . Of course as mentioned above, the tube is also just down the road , but I preferred using the bus, less crowded, and you getbtomsee more. Also , as a tip , if you ate in London for a week , try and get a Weekly Oyster pass for £30, it gives you unlimited bus usage all over the place , any time , any day , and zones 1,2, on the tube . In regards to my room , I was in room 306, a great little room , overlooking Norfolk Park, it's own separate shower and toilet. The room was cleaned every day, new towels , rubbish removed, and , nice and warm when I got back in the evening, after , spending most of the day out and about freezing and cold. Also , the window opens as well, so nice to get some fresh air in as well. On a final note, and I leave the best for last, the Big Enhlish Breakfast that I had each morning, in different variants, and or sometimes continental , was very very nourishing. Fresh cooked eggs, beans , grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon , toast as much as you like , tea, OJ, really good, the same meal and quality would cost you at least £8 pounds to eat outside, believe I had a good look around, lol . And all included, great stuff. I hope that this review does help people , as London , is a very expensive place, and where we all as travelers can save, is a good thing. Cheers

Room Tip: The higher the floors , the more steps, aaaaahrr
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank billy30
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We chose St David's Hotels based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. We were looking for a budget hotel to stay close to our daughter for the first weekend of our trip to London. St David's ticked all the boxes as far as needing a quiet place to sleep, hot shower, and decent breakfast. In fact St David's pillows were the best I have ever slept on in any hotel. The shower, while hot and with plenty of water pressure was the only let down, with the hose not having a proper holder, and so you had to juggle the shower head little. Breakfast for the two mornings we were there, was plentiful and well cooked. The full English breakfast didn't skimp, and took you well past lunch time before needing to look at food again. The hotel had a really friendly feel, and every time we returning we were greeted at the desk, asked if all was well, and if there was anything we needed. The location was perfect for us. Not only close to our daughter, but it was a stone's throw from Paddington Station. We caught the Heathrow Connect, so was very simple to negotiate. The location was in beautiful Norfolk Square, which was lovely and quiet and had a very pleasant feel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family