“Nice staff, good location but overpriced and needs updates”
Review of Lime Tree Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lime Tree Hotel
Ranked #6 of 558 London B&B and Inns
Canada
“Nice staff, good location but overpriced and needs updates”
Reviewed July 3, 2009

We spent one night at the hotel. The reception staff were wonderful. The room is small, extremely hot, climbed 4 flights of stairs and had the worst sleep of any trip I have been on. The hotel is very overpriced for what you get. If all you want is location go for it. The Hilton Kenningston was cheaper , air conditioning and a far superior breakfast and just as quick and easy to get around. I would not recommend this hotel

8 Thank Canadiantravellers12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Finnish first
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We stayed at the Lime Tree for 7 night and had no complaints. We had asked for a larger room since we were staying for such a long time. Our room was very nice and just one flight up. Breakfast was fine and definitely helped cut our costs while we were there. The location is terrific--two tube stations nearby plus walking distance to many things that we wanted to see. We enjoyed the nearby pubs for dinner. All in all, it was a lovely trip for us and we were happy with our accommodations.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kglen1
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed June 26, 2009

This was a very pleasant place to stay in London. My wife and I stayed at the Lime Tree Hotel for 10 days and were pleased. The location is perfect, only five minutes to the two Tube stations. The only complaint is that our room faced Ebury street and since the windows had to be open (no air conditioning, which is OK) it was noisy at night and the early morning from street traffic. The breakfasts were fine and served in a very pleasant dining room. The wireless internet worked great. Matt, Charlotte and the rest of the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. It is located in a nice neighborhood with lots of good restaurants, pubs and cafes nearby.

2 Thank maxie51
Virginia, USA
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We stayed two nights in the Lime Tree and had a wonderful time. It's rather centrally located in an upscale London neighborhood: a short walk to Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park, and just a few blocks from the Victoria tube, train and coach stations; an easy walk even with our luggage. We were on the top floor, and while I admit I'm not used to walking up four flights of stairs a couple of times a day, the room was worth it. Cozy, clean, comfortable, en-suite and with wireless internet, it's everything you need while staying in and touring the city. The staff was good and breakfasts were tasty.

1 Thank s_m_kowalski
North Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2009

I stayed at the Lime Tree May 30-June 5 or so, 2009. I had requested a low floor room b/c they have no lift and got one up one flight of stairs. They stored my luggage free till check-in and placed it in my room for me. They have Internet computer available at nominal fee. My room was small but pleasant, overlooking the garden. It was hot in London when I was there and there is no A/C. Breakfast was fine. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank Annilow
chicago
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Great place. Charming staff. Love the location. I was there for a business trip, but I bet it would be perfect for a vacation trip. The only thing is that the room I had was really small, but it was fine for me being alone. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank joipodgorny
Seattle, WA
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed at the Lime Tree for 6 nights and overall had a good stay. We had a room at the very top, which was a good thing, since the walls are thin and you can hear every passer-by in the hallway. Up top, not as many people passed by our door.

The water was warm, but never got hot. Other than that, the bathroom was clean, without mildew.

The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. The morning breakfast was tasty and served by the B&B owners themselves.

Although it's not a 5 star hotel, it's definitely worth the price. The location is great and, most importantly, quiet.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple