“Like Family”
Review of Lime Tree Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lime Tree Hotel
Ranked #6 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I usually don't take the time to write reviews but I had to make an exception in this case.
The Lime Tree was a wonderful find in a beautiful section of London, but what makes this place truely exceptional is the wonderful staff. The last night of our stay I had a filling fall out of my tooth that I recently had a root canal done on and I had to get into a dentist in the AM because we were leaving via train to the Cotswolds for a 2 week hike. The towns we were going to were very small and I knew I wouldnt be able to find a dentist once we left London. Alex called and got me into a wonderful dentist right up the street who fixed my tooth and I still had time to make my train and continue my trip.

I can't tell you how thankful I was for all the help we received from the staff while we were there, it was like staying with family. I know I will return to London at some point and I will be sure to stay at the Lime Tree.

W. Meyer
USA

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Wendy M
There are newer reviews for Lime Tree Hotel

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My sister and I spent 6 nights at the Lime Tree Hotel in September 2013. We had a wonderful experience in the hotel, because of the gracious and helpful front desk staff-particularly Alex, the breakfast servers, who were very accommodating and efficient, and the convenient location. We were 2 blocks from the Victoria train/tube station, a 10 minute walk from Buckingham Palace, and had an excellent restaurant/bar right next door. Our room was on the first floor, and overlooked the back garden. We had twin beds, a flat screen television, and a clean bathroom with a shower. There was plenty of storage for clothes in the two cupboards. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to travellers to London.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ljrlaw
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just got back from London. Loved Lime Tree Hotel. Staff went out of their way to help us pick restaurants, activities and transportation. Could not have asked for a better value, location, and atmosphere!

Room Tip: Loved our rooms on the main floor, one went right out to the garden!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 133denvertraveler
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband & I stayed here last week & it was fantastic. Yes the stairs are a killer but by the 3rd day they didn't seem so bad. We had a room on the top floor overlooking the courtyard & it was very clean. The breakfast was very good with choice of continental or traditional English breakfast. The staff is excellent, very helpful & friendly. The location is close to the tube. If we ever return to London we will gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tina D
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Like other reviews have said this is the perfect location a short walk from Victoria and Sloane stations. Great restaurants close by and close to Buckingham Palace and St. James Park. Our room and adjoining bath were roomy and beautifully decorated. The owners and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They gave us great recommendations for dinner, site seeing, and suggestions for the few days we had in Paris. I can't recommend them enough and would stay there again in a heart beat!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank AmandaML
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Traditional and cozy family hotel with low standard and mediocre service. However, it is absolutely perfect in its location between Victoria and Sloane Square. Ebury Street is within easy reach and walking distance to just about everything you could wish for in London.

That said! There are more hotel on Ebury Street.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vonWolfie
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The staff is very helpful and this is my second trip to London and I have stayed here both times. They have a hearty English breakfast or lighter fare. I would stay here every time I get to come to London. It is just wonderful! I have stayed in may different rooms and they all have a unique charm. Could not ask for a better place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends