“MY PLACE IN LONDON!”
Review of Lime Tree Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lime Tree Hotel
Ranked #6 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at the Lime Tree for 9 nights this past July and loved every minute of it. The location of the hotel is great. It is close to the tube, and the neighborhood is lovely. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfasts were just what I needed to get me going each morning. But I must say, what really sets this hotel apart from the competition is the staff. Matthew and Charlotte have assembled an absolutely outstanding group of energetic young people who go out of their way to make your time in London an unforgettable experience. In addition to being friendly, gracious, and welcoming, they made excellent recommendations for everything from, restaurants and pubs, to West End Shows, must see museums, local music, and fun places to spend a lazy summer day. I have found "my place" in London.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MJCarmolli

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at the Lime Tree for 4 nights with my teenage children in a triple room. Lime tree is only 2 blocks from Victoria train and coach stations. It is a very convenient location and Ebury is a quite street. Service was impeccable. Breakfast was delicious and served in a timely manner. The front desk is very helpful and had great suggestions for restaurants in the area. Our room was spacious and comfortable. As mentioned in other reviews there is no air conditioning and the room was very warm at times. Showers had great water pressure and plenty of hot water.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Alan B
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband & I just returned from a trip to the UK . In london we stayed at the Lime Tree , we were so glad we did . The location is terrific, with some cafes & restaurants within walking distance. The staff was so kind , Alex was a wonderful young man who helped us find our way around. The lovely young gal who worked nights, I'm sorry I don't remember your name but you are from Sweden and gave us the names of a couple of great pubs that were perfect and within our budget. The rooms are spotless and we were in London during a very hot spell but had very large windows we could open and a fan nights were comfortable. The Breakfast was delicious with several choices . This small hotel pays attention to all the details . It is clean , in a safe location and has a friendly staff . What more could you want !!!!

Room Tip: There is no lift so you may want to request a room on a lower floor , but the staff will help with y...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MassZiggy
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at the Lime Tree Hotel with my mother in the summer, and we had a fantastic time. The location is perfect and incredibly convenient to get around the city by foot or the underground. We stayed for close to a week, and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. The staff were absolutely lovely and accommodating, and we loved the breakfast - the food and the dining area were lovely. We also both agree that the beds were amongst the most comfortable we've ever slept on!

The fact that there was no elevator keeps me from ranking it higher - it was challenging for my mother to get up and down several flights of stairs, particularly with luggage.

Overall, a lovely stay, and I look forward to staying there again on our next trip to London!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ChantalF01
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This small hotel is only a couple of blocks from Victoria Station making getting around London a breeze. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. They helped me find my daily tourist spot and even helped me book tickets! There is no lift, but the staff took my luggage up to my room and back down on the day of my departure. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are a plus size like me, you might want to ask about the bathroom size. The one in my room w...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lori D
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Lime Tree! My husband and two teenage children stayed in a family room. It was very well laid out and we were very comfortable - the most comfortable bed we have slept in at any hotel. It was clean and bright. The weather was very hot the first few nights and as we know air-conditioning is not common in Europe so we had to sleep with the window open. Despite this fact this was an extremely quiet room which was even more surprising given that the garden backed onto a bus station. The location was excellent - Belgravia is a lovely area and it is so close to everything! Great restaurants just steps away. Breakfast every morning was wonderful and the staff were very nice and most helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jean S
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am so loathe to write what I really think about this hotel, nor do I like seeing what the vast majority of others on here have to say. However, because I am so grateful to this wonderful place and all the great people associated with it, I am gritting my teeth and sitting down to write this. The Lime Tree Hotel is just an absolute jewel of charm and elegance, by far the best bargain in London, a city not widely acclaimed for bargains, which makes the rarity of this place all the more pronounced. From check-in to check-out I was treated like Kate Middleton, not like the scullery maid I actually am (or some version thereof). Everyone there could not have been nicer! They helpfully provided me with maps of London and the Tube, umbrellas when needed (often in London), even a large padded mailing envelope so I could send the special Royal Baby issue of Hello! to my cousin in Croatia. Everyone was so kind and helpful, they really make you feel like they sincerely appreciate all their guests and are grateful to have them, a not-so-common experience at places which charge as little as this one. Although the Lime Tree is not the cheapest hotel you can find, it is by far the best bang for the buck that I have ever found after many visits to London over the past 30+ years. I wouldn't stay anywhere else (well maybe Claridge's or the Dorchester....), and always feel like I come home when I see that wonderful Lime Tree sign on that enchanting flower-pot-lined street (are those flowers real?? They are always so impossibly fresh! Maybe it's all that rain. But still, no petals on the street?). Although I love the hotel itself, the location is by far the best element. To be blocks away from Victoria is invaluable, and my personal favorite station in London is Sloane Square, for many reasons which I will not bore anyone with right now, and that is just a stone's throw also, so for the most part that's where I head for my Tube trips and could not be happier. To be able to say to people that I was staying in Belgravia also thrilled my snobbish heart. I didn't bother to mention the price. They wouldn't have believed me anyway. The streets around the restaurant are filled with wonderful boutiques, cafes and restaurants, including Jenny Packham, one of the aforementioned Kate's favorite designers, and Poilane, the most famous bakery in Paris. Eaton Square, where "Upstairs, Downstairs" was set, is just a couple of blocks away. It really is the neighborhood of every London lover's dreams, including mine. I am just so happy to walk out the door and walk just a few minutes to Sloane Street and the King's Road. One of my favorite walks is all the way down Sloane Street to Knightsbridge and then turn left and walk into Harrod's. A delightful walk by any standards. I was also delighted this time to see the loveliest pink cake shop just across the street from the hotel, where I promptly marched as soon as I checked in. Delicious and so beautiful! It was somewhat hot while I was there but leaving the window open took care of that, since I was not there during the day but only at night. Anyone who likes to spend time in their hotel rooms during the day while they are visiting a city as remarkable and filled with as many incredible sights as London is, deserves to broil to death anyway as far as I'm concerned :-). The hotel is wonderfully clean and extremely well taken care of, especially after the recent renovations by the current owners, who are the daughter and son-in-law of the former owner, the fondly remembered David, who thankfully is still around, though alas not at the hotel. They have got themselves a jewel of a place, and should be rightfully proud. I miss it already, and am planning a return trip as soon as humanly possible.

Room Tip: If you have a problem with stairs make sure to ask for a room on a lower floor. The people who were...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo