“Great place to stay in London”
Review of Lime Tree Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lime Tree Hotel
Ranked #6 of 554 London B&B and Inns
Montana
“Great place to stay in London”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay at the Lime Tree Hotel during the Olympics this past summer. We were allocated a room at the top floor (no elevator but wasn't a problem for us). When we arrived our luggage was stored for the day as our room was not ready. Upon our return to the hotel on our first day our bags were waiting for us in our room.

The front desk staff was very friendly and willing to help with anything. We were there for the first few days of the Olympics so they were wanting to hear our experiences so they could pass on to future guests. The owner was almost always there and was genuinely interested in the experience of his guests.

The room was nicely sized for central London and the bathroom was well equipped. We had a nice view of the courtyard below. No AC but they do provide a fan and the window provided enough breeze to keep it cool at night.

Breakfast was served in the lobby area and the breakfast staff was very nice and always friendly and willing to help with directions, ideas etc. Breakfast was excellent.

The Lime Tree Hotel is within very easy walking distance to Victoria Station (train and tube) (less than 5 minutes). Also right next door to the Victoria Bus station with quick bus service to Heathrow. Additionally, very close to Sloane Square tube station (10 minutes).

A little further (10-20 minutes) to Buckingham Palace/Green & St James Parks, Hyde Park, and Westminster.

In the immediate vicinity there are a few good restaurants/pubs/fish & chips stalls. Otherwise the neighborhood is mostly residential/B&B with and very nice to walk through.

We had a great time and would definitely stay at the Lime Tree Hotel when back in London.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JACFlyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Finnish first
Rockwood, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Like many, read the positive views on T.A. and made the decision to book the Lime Tree Hotel for a four night stay prior to a Trans-Atlantic cruise out of Southampton. Glad we made that decision , it was the perfect place to stay . Staff were quite helpful with all inquiries including those through email prior to our visit. Arriving in London on an early morning flight they did their upmost best to get us in our room as quickly as possible including taking our suitcases up the stairs and into the room. Breakfast each morning was a real treat, beautiful room , prompt and friendly service. Our first time in London so location was excellent for all we wanted to see. Direct route for National Express coach bus from Heathrow to Victoria Coach station with hotel only a block away made it easy to manage all our luggage , equally handy for catching the National Express bus to Southampton for the cruise . Close proximity to two underground stations made navigating London on public transit an easy task for us two seniors. Many choices for walk to dining. Booked a superior double room at the back, quite spacious, modern bathroom fixtures, great bed. Only downside , our room was a bit on the cool side , wall radiator didn't seem to work as it should , staff said they looked into it but no significant change, not a big issue though since a portable heater was also available in the room for use. Room was located in a back add on to main structure with three outside exposed walls which might account for some of this? That aside we would certainly come back again and recommend the Lime Tree to all !

Room Tip: No elevator, so if that's a concern spend a few more dollars for a superior room on first or se...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Wilin
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The staff at this hotel were lovely. They were always ready to help with directions, tickets to attractions and were very willing to engage in conversation. My single room was small and cosy with an extremely comfortable bed and cozy duvet. Breakfast was very yummy! My only complaint was that noise from the street would occasionally disturb my sleep. Perhaps newer windows would cut down on the noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Spinnybaby
Sydney
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here by myself and later with my husband and on both occasions found the staff extremely helpful and very well informed about public transport, what's on etc. Rooms are small (but very good value) and on both occasions I had a very pretty view over the street with lovely Christmas lights. There is an excellent breakfast provided every day and rooms have free wifi. The location is terrific. You can walk to Buckingham Palace, Green Park and Picadilly and to Harrods and Knightsbridge. It is very close to Victoria and there are lots of tube/bus options available. There is also a very good bar/restaurant next door where I had a delicious dinner one night, with lots of other options in nearby streets. It would be a great place to stay if this was your first visit to London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kimberley W
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was a perfect hotel for my 5-night visit to London for holiday shopping and sightseeing. it was just a few blocks from Victoria Station, and across from the Victoria Bus Station. Easy connections for the Underground and convenient bus stops to go all over town.

The hotel feels more like a B&B than a hotel. The staff at the desk seem to know you. Just the right size overall -- small, comfortable rooms and bathrooms, nice breakfasts. Nothing is fancy -- but everything's easy. Feels like a family place -- it's the kind of place that people stay in once and come back to again. I will definitely stay again.

Stairs are a bit steep, although pretty wide. I travel light, so it was fine for me. They offered to take my suitcase up for me when I arrived, although I declined.

it's a nice neighborhood. it's convenient to have Victoria Station so close. There were some restaurants there and a couple of supermarkets. Also some cute shops and restaurants in teh neighborhood. Everytime I returned to the hotel, I'd take a different route, so I could window shop along new streets. Could catch a bus just down the street and go to Westminister Abbey or the London Eye, or Harrod's, or anywhere. I took buses more than the Underground, since there was so much too see above ground.

Room Tip: Noise wasn't a problem for me. Rooms seemed to be spread across a couple of buildings. I liked b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank judyisreadytogo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I just loved the Lime Tree Hotel. It's comfy, cozy and close to everything. Thanks to Alex and the great staff who were always so willing to help. Breakfast was good. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The neighbourhood is very nice and safe. The Victoria Coach Station (which took me to and from Heathrow airport) is at 1-2 minutes walk from the hotel. I would go back there without any hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Martine312
Essex
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed New Year's Eve. The location ideally met our plans for the evening, and the facilities satisfied our requirements (ie a comfortable bed for the night when we returned around 02:30, although bathroom was small). Service and breakfast were good.
The price reflects the location and not the facilities that you would expect to be available in an 'Hotel'.
Hence, if you are just looking for a B & B in this area, then I would recommend. If you are looking for hotel facilitiies, look elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends