My colleague and I have just returned from a one night stay at the Darlington Hotel. I chose it based on the reviews on this site and I was not disappointed.
The hotel is a few minutes walk from Paddington Station and in a nice enough area. It was very late in the evening when we arrived and we wanted to just check in, unpack, and find somewhere to eat.
The staff on reception were very friendly and helpful and even recommended a nearby italian restaurant to us which by the way was excellent.
One good feature of this hotel is security. Upon check in you are issued with a key card which you need to get into your room. However, unlike many other hotels, where anybody can wander in off the street, you need this key card just to get into the foyer - a very good idea!
Each room has a small fridge for putting your own stuff in, a small kettle and sachets of tea and coffee, and most significantly a safe. The safe appears to be very secure and although you need to use your credit card to open the safe, you are not charged for doing this.
The room was a good size, and in a good state of repair. The bathroom had both a bath and a shower and complimentary toiletries. Both were very clean and well looked after.
Breakfast featured a choice of either english or continental (or a combination of both) and was served in the bright and stylish breakfast room). If you opt for the english breakfast, it is cooked to order exactly how you like it, unlike most hotels who operate a buffet system. It is served to you by the wonderful Juan who provided the most exceptional level of service (hello Juan!) and was most friendly as well.
I recommend this hotel to anyone and would most certainly stay there again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Darlington Hyde Park is located in the Paddington Hyde Park area of London, less than a 5-minute walk from the Heathrow Express terminal at Paddington station. This 40-bedroom former stately Victorian terraced town house conversion offers high standard accommodation with modern facilities, which ensure that the expectations of both business and leisure travellers alike are fully met. The Darlington Hyde Park prides itself on being a strictly non-smoking establishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your The Darlington Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel London
- Darlington Hyde Park London
- The Darlington Hyde Park London, England