“Wonderful hotel, great location”

The Darlington Hyde Park
Ranked #203 of 1,063 Hotels in London
ipswich
“Wonderful hotel, great location”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Just spent a weekend in this hotel with two friends. Had a wonderful stay in the triple room with 3 single beds. Large spacious room, very clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble to them. The included breakfast was superb, Both continental and full English available. Plenty of good restaurants in the area within 5 minute walk. Paddington station less than 10 minute walk and good bus services available in the area within 5-10 mins of hotel. It is the second time we have stayed at the hotel and will certainly be looking to return for our next weekend in London.

Room Tip: Only slight issue we found in the triple was we were located below reception and the entrance so the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dominika G, Manager at The Darlington Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear IpswichTractorgirl, Thank you for taking time to review The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel on Trip Advisor. I greatly appreciate the feedback from your stay. Paddington is fast becoming the popular destination for tourists when staying in London. With excellent communication from Paddington Station and the large number of good cafes, restaurants and pubs in the area, it is fast becoming a choice place to stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in The Darlington Hyde Park on your next visit. Best regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Alanya, Turkey
Reviewed March 4, 2014

A three star hotel including breakfast. Large room (by English standard) that are in well conditions.
Close to Hyde Park, if you want to ride there are two stables 2-5 min from the hotel. 10 min walk from Oxford Street.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anita297961
Dear Anita297961, Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the stay with us. Keep an eye on our website for lots of 2014 promotions and we hope to see you again.
Kind regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Portadown, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I`ve been a regular visitor to the Darlington Hyde Park for almost 10 years - mostly business trips. It never lets me down! Consistently great service. If you are looking for a competitively priced hotel in London then this is it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gordon G
Dear Gordon G, Thank you very much for your continued support and for returning time after time. We are delighted that once again you had a delightful stay with us and appreciated our high level of personal service. Our guest experiences are very important to us and when guests do return, it means we are getting it right. Thank you again! Best regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I cannot say enough good things about my experience at the Darlington Hyde Park. The location is perfect, just a few short blocks from Paddington Station. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was actually larger than I expected. I was travelling with a girlfriend so we had a twin room. It was clean as a whistle and good strong shower in the morning. Breakfast was wonderful, with full English breakfast or continental available and included in the price. My only complaint was that the room was rather warm, even with the heat turned down, but we were able to open some windows and easily solve that problem.

Would definitely recommend and if I am fortunate enough to return to England would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you only need twin beds...room 10 was in a great location...no elevator needed and straight down...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jlbupstater
Dear jlbupstater, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your kind feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay at The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel including the service, cleanliness and location. I was very happy to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and you found your room spacious. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for the best discount rates when traveling to London next. Kind regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in January with my daughter and mother. We had room 17, the quad room on the ground floor. The room had two single beds and one double and was so spacious it easily had room for the sofa and two armchairs for relaxing in. The bathroom, which had a bath with handles and a very powerful shower, was also very spacious and had many lovely complimentary toiletries. There was a free safe to use and a mini fridge which also contained complimentary bottled water on arrival. My mother had to ask reception for an extra blanket one night which wasn't a problem, although no one else needed one. There is a lift to all floors which was very useful for us. There is a small laundry on the ground floor for guest use.
The breakfast was included in the price. There was a standard English Breakfast as well as danish's, cereals, yoghurt and fruit. We did ask for poached egg but they could not do this which was shame.
The hotel is only 5 mins walk from Paddington (or £3 in a taxi which we had to do one night for my elderly mother). We also only paid £20 for a taxi one evening from the Lyceum Theatre. We also found the bus routes near Paddington got us to the shops where we wanted to go and also on the Tour of London so very convenient.
Reception was more than happy to look after our bags for the day after check out.
All in all great value for money and great location - would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Quad room 17 very spacious and very quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear jnclis, Thank you very much for your lovely review of The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your family trip to London and your stay with us in one of our quadruple rooms. I was very happy to read that you found your room spacious and clean, you enjoyed our facilities, complimentary breakfast and our convenient location. I am very happy to read your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again1 Kindest regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Nakskov, Denmark
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Good location in a quiet street few minutes walk from Paddington. This description goes for a string of hotels facing Sussex Gardens or neighboring streets. But Darlington Hyde Park is way above average, even though my single room was rather small. My friends had a superb twin room on the top floor with more space.
Everything was clean and tidy, and you really felt welcome when you entered the reception. The breakfast was a mix of continental buffet and English breakfast to order - all in all a nice start of the day.
Not the cheapest hotel I have stayed at, but the first one I am sure I'd like to return to. Definitely very good value for the money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Finn Spurre P
Dear Finn Spurre P, Thank you very much for taking time to review your recent stay in The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. It is really appreciated. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your single room and your friends enjoyed their stay in a twin room. I was also glad to know that you found the hotel clean and tidy, the staff friendly and you enjoyed our lovely complimentary breakfast. We look forward to meeting and even exceeding your expectations further on your next stay! Thank you again! My kindest regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Leamington Spa England
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I found this to be a perfectly acceptable hotel, very handy location, comfortable room, pleasant and efficient staff and competitive rates (especially the inclusion of a very enjoyable breakfast).

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank drl80
Dominika G, Manager at The Darlington Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear drl80, thank you for your lovely feedback following your stay at The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. It is really appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It is very rewarding to hear we met your expectations and that you will definitely come back. Please contact us directly for the best rates available when planning your next trip. My kindest regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager