We have just returned from our fourth stay at the Darlington and it was as wonderful as ever. From the moment you buzz the door and are told to "push the door and mind the step" to the time you, sadly, open the door and mind the step on your way out the door for the final time it's like a home away from home. The reception staff are friendly and efficient and bags are taken to rooms that are left at reception if your room is not ready when you check in. You can also leave bags at reception on check out if you have a later departure time.
The rooms are small (welcome to London) but certainly not uncomfortably so, (but maybe the desk, which I think is in every room, could be replaced by a chest of drawers for clothes), however you can make a plan with what is available to unpack into and there is a cupboard for hanging things up. Every room has a handy bar fridge. The aircon works well and temperature is adjustable. The heated towel rails in the bathroom are great in the colder months. Never a problem with hot water or shower pressure. Bathroom a very decent size with bath and shower over the bath.
Although we had a room right by the lift, we were never disturbed by noise - either from fellow guests or staff. Neither were we bothered by cleaning staff wanting to come into the room to clean before we had left for the day, which was really appreciated.
The free breakfast is marvelous with choices to suit every taste and served by polite and efficient waitresses. The ever smiling Adrienne was a joy to see every morning.
The hotel has a coin operated washing maching and dryer for use by guests which is very convenient.
Also convenient is the proximity to Paddington Station - an easy, safe, 5 min walk away. A bus stop is nearby. Lots of cafes in the vicinity and you are spoilt for choice for restaurants and pubs.
Free wifi is offered throughout the hotel. What more can I say - as good as it gets in this price range!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Darlington Hyde Park is located in the Paddington Hyde Park area of London, less than a 5-minute walk from the Heathrow Express terminal at Paddington station. This 40-bedroom former stately Victorian terraced town house conversion offers high standard accommodation with modern facilities, which ensure that the expectations of both business and leisure travellers alike are fully met. The Darlington Hyde Park prides itself on being a strictly non-smoking establishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Darlington Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel London
- Darlington Hyde Park London
- The Darlington Hyde Park London, England