“WOW - WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT - DISREGARD REVIEWS PRIOR TO OCT 2014”
Review of Belgravia Rooms

Belgravia Rooms
Ranked #340 of 566 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel has been transformed from the state that it was in just on a year ago.

No hesitation in saying that this place is now a good place to stay when in London.

The room and public areas have been massively improved, new décor, new locks on the doors, much improved beds and linen (they have duvets now) and the bathrooms have been upgraded. Good televisions and wifi.

The welcome as it always has been is welcoming, warm and knowledgeable.

Brilliant for the Victoria Coach and Rail Stations, the West End.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the rear of the hotel and note there are no lifts and some rooms are up five flights...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CTHTravelUK

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The location is excellent, just 5-minute walk from Victoria and in walking distance of everywhere in the centre of London. We booked a twin room but the receptionist told us that we are getting a huge family room. However, it was not huge; it was a size of a standard twin or triple room with 5 (!) beds crammed in there. There was basically no space left for anything else than the beds, there were not even any bedside tables. That said, the room was ok, quiet and the bathroom was all new and fine. The only thing that didn’t work there were window blinds. And the bed sheets didn’t particularly look very clean. But given the budget value for the centre of London, it was ok overall.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fidgetus
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location, 5 minutes walk from Victoria Station, in a nice area with places to eat & have a coffee nearby. Staff polite, available & on the ball. I stayed in a 2nd floor En Suite Room, with a double & a single bed and a bathroom. Booked the previous night through LateRooms.com for £59, the best value hotel I could find close to my conference venue & the railway station. Room small but clean with TV, heater, fan & tea/coffee facilities. No wardrobe but small clothes rail. Bathroom very small, you could easily shave and shower and be on the toilet all at the same time! Clean though and shower was good. Additional larger communal bathroom on 1st floor much better. Overall very happy, ideal for a student or business/sightseeing trip on a budget! Would happily recommend.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Thomas P
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Probably the worst hotel room I've stayed in. Tiny room, nowhere to put clothes. Tinier sink/shower/loo pod. Converted out of a bigger room, flimsy partition walls so you could hear the neighbours cough and smell them smoke. Bedside lights didn't work, pipes moaned like a demon when you turned on a tap. Not even cheap.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Ralph W
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I can only comment on the room we had but I was more than happy with it. I wanted to stay as close to Victoria as possible as we went to London by coach (to Victoria bus station) and I also wanted to be able to walk (ie not have to use public transport) back from the Apollo theatre after seeing a show there. I also didn't want to spend a fortune so was looking for budget accommodation, as long as it was clean - I didn't need it to be big as it was only a base. Yes, the shower and toilet was in a very small space but the shower was powerful and a good temperature. There were enough towels but they weren't massive - having said that, I forgot that hotels usually provide them so we'd taken our own anyway!
I went with my 2 daughters and one of their friends, celebrating my elder daughter's 21st birthday. I booked a family room which had a double bed and a bunk bed. It also had an electric fan, a TV, microwave, kettle, sink (no draining board, though!), crockery and cutlery (although probably not enough of each plate/bowl if we wanted to eat properly). None of this mattered to us though as we hadn't planned on eating there - apart from breakfast (chocolate croissants and fruit which we'd bought the evening before), and we had enough plates etc for that. What I really appreciated, though, was the fridge - can't do without real milk in my tea!!
So, the room was clean, a few things were a little 'questionable' (a socket taped onto the wall, but safe!), but hey - being realistic at around £180 I was just so pleased to pay only that for 4 people in such a great location. An although we were on the ground floor right next to the pavement, considering that it was a Saturday night, there was little noise.
Perhaps we had one of the better rooms but I would certainly be happy to go back here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bristolcello
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I would recommend this hotel very reasonable price, walking distance to Victoria station and I like the service. The only funny thing was there was hole for the bathroom door which was covered by a small plastic sheet which could be easily replace by a new door.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Felizardo F
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was a last minute booking at £150 for the night no breakfast, the room had three beds and an on suite the size of a good wardrobe, no light on stairs , it is what i would expect from a hostel at £50 a night in London , the best thing about the place was leaving it

Room Tip: a different hotel