Belgravia Rooms
$288
$277
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvictoria bus stationstayed in the family roomserved its purposebasic amenitiessmall kitchenettegatwick expresstea coffee making facilitiesbuckingham palacebed sheetshotel is locatedroom numberfantastic locationcentral londonshort staybunk
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I can only comment on the room we had but I was more than happy with it. I wanted to stay as close to Victoria as possible as we went to London by coach (to Victoria bus station) and I also wanted to be able to walk (ie not have to use public transport) back from the Apollo theatre after seeing a show there. I also didn't want to spend a fortune so was looking for budget accommodation, as long as it was clean - I didn't need it to be big as it was only a base. Yes, the shower and toilet was in a very small space but the shower was powerful and a good temperature. There were enough towels but they weren't massive - having said that, I forgot that hotels usually provide them so we'd taken our own anyway!
I went with my 2 daughters and one of their friends, celebrating my elder daughter's 21st birthday. I booked a family room which had a double bed and a bunk bed. It also had an electric fan, a TV, microwave, kettle, sink (no draining board, though!), crockery and cutlery (although probably not enough of each plate/bowl if we wanted to eat properly). None of this mattered to us though as we hadn't planned on eating there - apart from breakfast (chocolate croissants and fruit which we'd bought the evening before), and we had enough plates etc for that. What I really appreciated, though, was the fridge - can't do without real milk in my tea!!
So, the room was clean, a few things were a little 'questionable' (a socket taped onto the wall, but safe!), but hey - being realistic at around £180 I was just so pleased to pay only that for 4 people in such a great location. An although we were on the ground floor right next to the pavement, considering that it was a Saturday night, there was little noise.
Perhaps we had one of the better rooms but I would certainly be happy to go back here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bristolcello
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I would recommend this hotel very reasonable price, walking distance to Victoria station and I like the service. The only funny thing was there was hole for the bathroom door which was covered by a small plastic sheet which could be easily replace by a new door.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Felizardo F
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was a last minute booking at £150 for the night no breakfast, the room had three beds and an on suite the size of a good wardrobe, no light on stairs , it is what i would expect from a hostel at £50 a night in London , the best thing about the place was leaving it

Room Tip: a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John G
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed for two nights in the Belgravia rooms. The locaton is its strongest asset, a few minute son foot from Victoria Station in a beautiful neighbourhood, also only a short walk from the likes of the House of Commons, Big Ben, London Eye, Buckingham Palace etc.
It is not cheap, but when you look at the prices of other places in this area of London, it is very reasonable.
The rooms are small and poky but spotlessly clean with a nice bathroom and tv. If you are staying a while it may be a bit claustrophobic but in fairness, all I look for in a hotel is that it is clean, safe and well located. Belgravia Rooms tick those boxes.
They offer a left luggage facility for a small fee and at all times we found the desk staff to be helpful and courteous. No breakfast is offered but there are gorgeous place round and about in Belgravia.
My advice, go for it, it is a perfectly good budget option.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bozeman-Dublin
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed in the family room (no kitchenette) me, my husband, & children aged 10, 11, 15. - The location was great, 12mins walk from palace. - staff were pleasant and helpful. - I could have my 3 children in same room as me. - bedroom room and shower room were clean. - when you book in, you are given 10% of at a choice of 2 very nearby cafes for breakfast. - we left our bags in reception £2 per bag/suitcase, to save carrying around on departure day. - the building work over the road is not a problem, the builders only seemed to work 9am till 5pm, and it is only abit of work on a small house, so don't let that put you off, they wont be there early morning or in the evening. - the street was quiet for a London street, very little noise after 10pm. - lovely area of London to stay. - Victoria bus station is just around the corner. - there is a handy news agents 2 mins walk away, handy when the children wanted treats to watch a film at 11pm. - our tv in room worked fine, just could only been see by the top bunk, as it is in a fixed position high on the wall - the bedside lamps worked fine, (but do get very hot). we would of liked a towel each to have a shower, we booked for 5 people and got given 3 towels, 2 of which we used as hand towels. there was soap and hair/shower gel complimentary. IF YOU TRAVEL WITH YOUNG CHILDREN, the toilet/bathroom was down the corridor, you are the only ones who have a key to it, but the corridor can be accessed by anyone, bare this in mind.
- overall a good budget stay in a great location, if you only want to use your accommodation as somewhere to retreat to at the end of the day, then this is the place. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: we stayed on the bottom floor, front facing the street, if you want to have your window open at night, try not to get this room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family