“Good service”
Review of Belgravia Rooms

Belgravia Rooms
Ranked #325 of 580 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had to book very last minute and the hotel was fine and a very convenient location. The only room left was a triple and was clean and comfortable. It would have been better with free wifi and the extra £5/day seems excessive when prices are so high anyway. No breakfast but that wasn't a problem for me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at the Belgravia with my boyfriend for 3 nights in October 2011; after looking at pictures beforehand and considering what we paid for this hotel it was a HUGE disappointment. I know it is expected to pay a little more for hotels in London but this was ridiculous.

On arrival we were greeted by a strange man who showed us to our room, gave us our key and we did not see him again until we checked out- we then had to search for him! We got to our room and could not believe the difference from the pictures- we were not expecting a 5 star, modern room and opted for this hotel for our first trip as a couple and to London because it looked comfortable, we were wrong. The room was like a box- the bathroom was tiny and reminded me of a caravan with a tiny plastic shower cubicle, the toilet directly next to it and you were squashed up against the sink whilst on the toilet. There were no towels provided and only 1 pillow each so be aware of this if you go. There was very small cupboard as you walked into the room with a plug in heater in and a broken 3-drawer chest, the bed was pushed up against the wall in the corner and when you opened the bathroom door it hit the bed and did not open fully because the room was simply too small to fit everything in. The TV was on another broken unit at the bottom of the bed covered in dust and you were lucky to get a picture. Our window was broken so we could not shut it properly- not good in October when it was very windy and sometimes raining- we saw a lady and told her about this but nothing was done or even attempted to fix it- in the end we made do by trying to fix it ourselves.

As I said I was not expecting an amazing hotel anyway but this was so bad I considered paying to go somewhere else- the only thing stopping me was my partner who made a good point that it was our first trip to London and so we would not be in the hotel much due to lots of sightseeing and plans we had made. Luckily this was true, we did not spend much time here and were glad to leave.

I returned to London the following October and for a very similar price to the Belgravia, stayed in a Best Western hotel- this was perfect and is the standard expected for the price- miles better than the Belgravia rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelsee P
Reviewed May 8, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kevin L
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Booked a double room - the one allocated was in a house some doors away and just about acceptable! However, it was at least clean and cost only £59 for a night.

I arrived at an unfortunate time. The receptionist had locked himself out of reception and as he unsuccessfully sought to bypass the lock was under siege from a group of impatient Spaniards wanting to get their keys for access to their rooms. Some 20 minutes later, and after some entertaining scenes with a ladder, access was obtained. I was given my key, directed to my room up the road, with an appraising eye on my physique as the room was on the 4th floor.

Having found the right house, I climbed the quite steep and narrow stairs (unsuitable for the unfit or for those with heavy or bulky luggage) to find my room. Having past my time awaiting my key by reading the evening newspaper I needed to wash the ink off my hands but ... no soap in the 'en suite'. Down 4 floors looking for someone on the staff - then down into the basement where I found someone in the dining room (for breakfasts) and back up ... luckily having come back from 10 days cross country skiing I was reasonably fit!

The room had a double and single bed in it. The single bed blocked what might have been a wardrobe - there was no other one although the hooks on the door contained a number of hangers. There was no bedside table, or rather the one that looked like one had a TV from the last century. There was an en-suite - it looked like a stand-alone cabinet which took up one corner of the room and was very small, The walls were in need of much decoration with few adornments. Towels were provided but nothing else (soap, tea etc). The one free electric socket I found to my cost did not work (identified in the morning when my computer told me my battery was out). I took out the TV socket, which was in itself a struggle as the plug seemed about to come off the wall.

The only saving grace was that the staff I met were very friendly, the room was clean and being at the back was untroubled by any traffic noise, and the bed was comfortable. However, I do not think that I will return, even for £59.

Room Tip: Ensure not in upper storey if unfit or have heavy luggage. Main hotel might be better.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here with two other friends. We stayed in a room that was in a house next door to the reception, down in the basement. When we first started walking down we noticed an odd smell but as we came in to the room our bad feelings were soon forgotten. The room was clean (though did smell have an odd smell). The double bed was slightly uncomfortable, if I was staying for longer I might have said something as the springs dug in to my ribs. But for one night this was solved by putting a spare douvet over the mattress. Other than that the room was well equipped with a sink, microwave, kettle, tea and coffee. On the same floor as us was a toilet which was also clean. The shower was one the second floor, which did have quite a que in the morning and made us a little late leaving. But the cleaning staff were lovely and gave us longer to vacate the room. The shower was very clean and seemed quite new.
This hotel is very close to victoria coach station and tube station to go elsewhere. It is very clean for a budget hotel and I would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

no one there on arrival, had to wait 20 mins for anyone to serve us, got 2 twins beds instead of the double we paid for. freezing rooms, uncomfortable beds (unclean) and builders in, making a racket. (And they do NOT preauthorise cards when details are taken on line so have cash on your person to pay.)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple