“Do NOT stay here......”

Caswell Hotel London Victoria
Ranked #751 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had the misfortune of staying here and can honestly say it is the worst place I have ever stayed.
As soon as I entered the building my heart just sank and that was before I even reached my room.
I decided to stay on the top floor to avoid the noise, however with the constant noise I went to reception to change rooms.
Initially I was told the only rooms available were down the road and have some further discussion. The Manager found another room available, however it was an extra £40. I asked to check the room prior to making a decision. All I can say is the only difference was the size of the room. Both rooms were dirty, with a very bad smell in each room.
I decided to opt for the other room and paid the extra price in the hope of some peace and quiet at least whilst I slept.
I decided at 4am with constant interruptions to pack my bags and leave and head home!
In addition the sheets were dirty in both rooms and in my opinion the place should be closed down!
It's totally unfair to expect decent genuine people to even consider paying in this squalor!
To all readers my advise is DO NOT stay here - the number of bad reviews speak volumes.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank pimms29
ManagerCaswell, General Manager at Caswell Hotel London Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and I am so sorry that your experience with us was disappointing. We regret that you have not mentioned anything to us while you were in our hotel, we would have helped to correct the problems you mentioned. This is part of our commitment to our customers. We take all guest feedback very seriously, and we're constantly improving all aspects of our service and facilities. I understand that we are not to everyone’s tastes. We aim to provide clean and reasonable accommodation at a very affordable price. There are certainly a lot more luxurious options in London but these come with a much great price tag.

Sincerely

Reviewed June 10, 2014

The only thing preventing this "hotel" getting a rating of 1 is its excellent location near Victoria Station. At a cost of over £130 for the night I would expect so much more than a shared bathroom and toilet, uncomfortable bed, breakfast available before 7:30 and the icing on the cake...what sort of hotel can offer you an iron but no ironing board?

I've stayed in hotels both in and out of London which were a fraction of the cost of this one and offered so much more.

Will not be revisiting or recommending to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank AndyMOT

We want to thank you for sharing your comments here, sorry you have not enjoyed your stay with us. I have taken your comments on board and we now have an ironing board available as well. I am disappointed that you did not find us good value for money. We check our rates on a daily basis to ensure that we are the cheapest hotel in the area. There are times of the year such as January to March when prices in generally are a lot cheaper than the peak time of May-July. Once again thank you for your review and if you get a chance I would be very intereste3d to know what other hotels offered a better price than us so we can ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Hair in bed, torn sheets, better not look the bed - stains all over. Friendly satff and good location - 15min walk from B. Palace, Big ban, Victoria station... Breakfast so-so (bread and jam and one cup of coffee in a small basement room with no space for all the guests). I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Marbel M
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Great location near Victoria Station. We were able to walk to Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guards. Unfortunately my friend had his wallet stolen there, but he was able to cancel cards with the help from the staff at the Caswell. The staff was also great in getting our luggage to our rooms. The room was small but I was only there when it was time to sleep. The hotel could use a facelift: cleaning and painting. All in all it was a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank kathybolen

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay in your hotel, and the hotel's location has made ​​it ideal to visit tourist areas. I have shared your comments with the team and they are pleased that you appreciated the service that they gave you. I hope that the loss of your wallet does not take away from your London experience.

We hope to have you back soon.

Thanks a lot.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed May 18, 2014

This place wouldn't be on the top of my list but it's an old townhouse conversion so you know what you're getting. Small room with two lumpy twin beds and a 'brother-in-law' bathroom conversion in the room. No light in the bathroom so that made it interesting. Having said that, it was quiet, and the guy at the desk and the two girls serving the toast and coffee in the morning were polite and helpful. Easy to get around and there are plenty of places to eat nearby. There's no elevator, so if your room is on the 4th floor and you're not exactly mobile, this isn't going to work for you.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dart_Monkey
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stayed here recently and it is the worst place i have ever stayed. The room was filthy and outdated. The bed was lumpy and had hairs in it. The shower was horrrid and unusable. Not only was it dirty but it was that small it was impossible to move never mind get dried and dressed. I know this is a 2 star hotel but i would have expected some standards of cleanliness. After seeing the hotel, i didnt even risk breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Kala89
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Most reviewers have said what needs to be said about this B&B in a relatively quiet street of elegant town houses in Pimlico. (A lot of other streets nearby are wall-to-wall B&B and very busy with restaurants, bars and traffic).
Walking distance to Victoria station or Sloane Square, clean, if small rooms but with working shower (in the en-suite rooms), good beds and bedding, with tea and coffee available and wall mounted TV.
Staff are very friendly, continental breakfast was plentiful if limited in range and the fruit juice was one of the best.
For the price its hard to beat.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
ManagerCaswell, Manager at Caswell Hotel London Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear NoramalGuy40

We appreciate the time you took to post your feedback, your comments will be very helpful to us and other travelers who consult this website.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am grateful for your recommendation. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.

Nimesh Patel