“Dinner”

Ranked #9 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service and food, always a pleasure to relax in the bar with a drink and the Goring's club sandwich. No matter how busy the hotel, bar and restaurant the staff at the Goring always remain calm, efficient and polite. If you are in London with your wife/partner or on business the Goring gets it right first time every time!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard-de-G
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Peplow-Sprinter

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your dinner at The Goring.

I was delighted to read your review of your time with us and thrilled that you found the whole experience to be faultless. A Goring Club Sandwich with a drink in our Lounge Bar is one of life’s simple pleasures in my opinion.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel so that you can enjoy another sample of our excellent service and food.

Graham Copeman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We visited The Goring for my husbands 30th birthday, and from the moment we got there, to the moment we left everything was outstanding. Our room - gorgeous. With a lovely bathroom and the comfiest bed ever. The staff - really friendly & helpful. The food & drinks- really delicious! Small touches like a box of chocolates & lovely card in our room, and a birthday pudding for my husband made the night extra special.
A beautiful, traditional, yet quirky hotel, with friendly down to earth staff who made us feel very welcome. Thank you - we'll definitely be back!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Franchie82
Dear Franchie82,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent celebratory stay with us at The Goring.

I am delighted that you both found everything at the hotel to be outstanding from your luxurious room to the team who cared for you during the time with us.

We are thrilled that you will be back to stay with us again and we all hope that it will be before too long.

Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Usually we take the train up to London and have stayed at some very nice hotels around the city. But this time we decided to drive and that tipped the balance towards staying at The Goring (outside of congestion charge, they park the car for you, let you leave it after check-out if you still want to do a bit more shopping as we did). From the little details about the shoe fairy polishing one's shoes overnight, to them actually using your name at the bar, one feels welcomed. We meant to do afternoon tea but given our schedule just didn't fit in it. Next time!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TuttleBaldwin
Dear TuttleBaldwin,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your stay with us last month.

I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that even the little things like your newly polished shoes added to your experience with us. Our team pride themselves in ensuring that they welcome all of our guests by name and it is always lovely to see that this has been recognised.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for afternoon tea and we hope for another night of luxury as well.

Cardiff,Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

We have recently returned from a stay at the Goring Hotel. I can only echo the comments regarding the wonderful staff who were exceedingly friendly and exceptionally professional. Our room was fine, not very large but with plenty of storage and a lovely bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the linen first class. The only disappointing aspect of our stay was our dinner in the lovely dining room. The choice was very limited for a hotel of this standard. There were maybe 6 starters and a similar number of main courses but the night that we were there virtually every option had some form of shell fish in it. We both struggled to make any choice. 3 courses were £52.50 which seems reasonable for a hotel at this level but only if there is a real choice offered. As a main course I eventually chose sea trout with spring vegetables, prawns and some form of seafood " broth ". Maybe I made a bad choice but my meal was almost I edible. The sea trout was raw in the middle, the 3 prawns were freezing cold and unpleasant, there were only a handful of rather sad looking vegetables and the broth was tasteless. All in all it was horrible. My companion's beef Wellington was a little better but not of the standard that I would have expected. I opted to have cheese for dessert and this was an excellent choice. I felt so terribly disappointed with my starter and main course however. I should have complained but as I was my companion's guest I felt that it would have been rude to her. I have been lucky to stay and to eat at many exceptional hotels in the past, sadly largely as a result of dinner the Goring will not rank up there with the best of them and was really not worth a total spend for room, dinner and breakfast of almost £ 700 for one night for 2 people.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank welshbelle
The_Goring, Manager at The Goring, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear welshbelle,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay in the hotel, I am so sorry your experience in the dining room not perfect in every way.

Your main course should have been cooked and the entire dish hot, the Chef is mortified that this was not the case and that the broth was tasteless. Our beef Wellington usually receives such high praise and is incredibly popular so I am stunned by your comments and sorry that it did not delight you.

On the dinner menu we offer 10 starters and 12 main courses. Several of the seafood dishes do contain an element of shellfish in the recipe, the kitchen will without fail remove any element of the dish that is not to your liking and will of course always offer an alternative. I wish you had felt able to discuss this with out team so that we could have ensured that everything was to your taste.

You have been very complimentary about many aspects of the hotel you did like, if possible I would like the opportunity to discuss your disappointing experience in the Dining Room further. We all work so hard to provide the best experience possible for our guest so when we miss the mark it is important we know and I thank you for taking the time to write to us about it. Would you kindly contact me personally to find out how we can make amends for these experiences and if you could spare the time to send an email to sgeddes@thegoring.com, I would be very grateful.

With kind regards,

Stuart Geddes
Director of Food and Beverage
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

The location is amazing, quiet but near all the shops and restaurants. The hotel is small and the staff is just amazing, will do anything for you. The rooms are lovely, incredible beds! You feel pampered and every detail is taken care of. My bathroom was huge with a great tub and all the amenities you might need. Room service is perfect and their Champagne is very good and not that expensive. By far one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Classy and cosy.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a garden view and don't forget to have tea at the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carolina099
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Carolina099,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at The Goring.

We are all delighted that you felt truly at home during your time with us and totally pampered during your time with us. It is true we are so lucky with our location. Beeston Place is an oasis of calm but just moments away from the hustle and bustle of central London and some of the most iconic sites.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Goring before too long so you can have a long soak in the bath and allow us to take care of you once again.

Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have so little to say about this hotel. It is consistently and simply the best in London. It has no rival and no parallel. Staff know how a hotel should run under the watchful eye of Messrs Goring and Morgan-Hewitt.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are great. 114 is my favourite; over Beeston Place with a king mattress.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JHMH1959
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear JHMH1959,

We were thrilled to welcome you back to the hotel and I am delighted that yet again we didn’t disappoint. It is always a treat to see old friends in the hotel and to hear that no other hotel in London is able to match us.

Thank you once again for the accolade that we are simply the best in London and we all look forward to seeing you again before too long.

Knoxville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

My wife and I have visited London perhaps ten times between us but this was our first stay at the Goring. It's greatest asset is its staff. What a marvelous group of people. Happy, helpful, hospitable I can't say enough about them. No request was too large or small. The answer was always the same - "of course sir (or madam)". The location is excellent - right around the corner from Buckingham Palace. The room was very comfortable. My only quibble is that I like double vanities in the bathroom but they're hard to come by in London. All in all a most splendid experience if you are looking for a smaller, more intimate, and absolutely elegant London experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank polamalu
Dear polamalu,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your stay at The Goring last month.

We were delighted to welcome you to The Goring and I do agree with you it is our team that make The Goring. They all pride themselves on ensuring that all of our guests want for nothing during their time with us. We are very lucky with our location. Beeston Place is an oasis of calm but only moments away from some of London’s most iconic sights including Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park.

We hope that you will return to The Goring on your next visit to the capital so that you can enjoy another elegant London experience.