“Best Hotel in London”
Review of The Goring

The Goring
Ranked #4 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 8, 2014

What a hotel! Outstanding service, excellent food, beautiful rooms. From the moment we entered to the moment we left, the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home. They provided a highly personalised service. All in all, a wonderful place to stay. Thank you Goring!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian S
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Ian S,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at The Goring.

I am delighted that you felt welcome and at home from the moment you entered the hotel. It is always lovely to hear that a guest has enjoyed every minute of their time with us and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back before too long.

Graham Copeman

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We had a wonderful afternoon tea in the beautiful surroundings that is The Goring Hotel,the atmosphere and setting were perfect for a special occasion.The staff are very helpful,friendly,welcoming but are discreet,but around when you need them!....The food was plentiful,imaginative,very good quality and beautifully presented.The foyer staff were also charming and attentive,it was a birthday celebration for us,and a lovely cake was presented,we have returned home after a very memorable and lovely visit,THANKYOU!....Stuart Packer and party...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stuart P
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Stuart P,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent celebratory tea at The Goring.

I am delighted that you enjoyed every part of your experience with us from the staff you
encountered to the tasty treats created by our pastry team. We all pride ourselves on ensuring that all of our guests feel welcome and well looked after while they are with us and I take great pleasure in seeing this being recognised.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Goring and hope that it will be before too long.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

An amazing and memorable family experience which was part of my husband's birthday celebrations, where not only the food was delicious, the staff were faultless. They have a wonderful ability of predicting every need before you have even realised it yourself, right down to producing the most exquisite boxes allowing us to take the left over birthday cake home.

A heartfelt thank you to the two staff members who found my autistic son, he had decided to explore upstairs in the lift to the fourth floor just as we were about to leave! They couldn't have been more calm, professional and so understanding.

We will definitely return and I can't recommend this wonderful hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank F11EUR
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear F11EUR,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent celebratory family lunch in our Dining Room.

I am delighted that you enjoyed excellent food accompanied by our faultless service from our team. Our team relish in ensuring that all of our guests want for nothing during their time with us and it is always lovely to see that this has been recognised.

We are all thrilled that you would recommend The Goring and we hope that you will all return before too long. Hopefully next time like your son you will be able to venture upstairs and sample one of our luxurious rooms.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised for my birthday by my girlfriend and together with friends we visited for dinner this lovely hotel restaurant. First thing you notice is that the staff is very attentive and helpful. For example everyone welcomes you and the chairs are pulled out for you to sit down and napkins placed on your lap. Wine list is very extensive, it took some time to read and choose. My mackerel and scallop starter tasted so fresh and balanced. For main most of us chose the beef wellington which was medium rare cooked, but there was no blood, just tender red meat and it was tasty. Desserts are beautiful, you can try something totally new you haven't tried before. And as a surprise our waiter brought me a little tasty cake with a candle on it and Happy Birthday written with a chocolate on a plate. Im glad that he didn't start to sing :-)
The building itself is nicely old fashioned still and it felt cosy in there. It is bit pricey, but it was a treat to go there!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Intz51

Dear Intz51,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent surprise dinner in our Dining Room.

We were delighted that The Goring was chosen as the location for your surprise birthday celebrations and that we didn’t disappoint. It is always a joy to hear that our team have excelled themselves and that a guest has felt well cared for from the moment they arrive at the hotel to the moment they leave.

I find it so difficult at present to choose between the gourmet treats on the menu but I have to say that the Beef Wellington is one of my favourites especially during the winter months. I am also very partial to the Manjari chocolate ganache for pudding!

We hope that we will be able to welcome you all back to The Goring before too long and that it will be before your next birthday.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We visited in the afternoon with family for a celebration and could not fault a single thing.
The first thing that I noticed as I first came into the hotel was the lovely friendly staff that were working at the time - literally every person stopped to smile or say hi and this continued throughout our meal.
The food was wonderful my favourite being the chocolate mandarin dessert!
The décor is beautiful and the atmosphere was really relaxing and warm.
Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lozzashann

Dear lozzashann,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent luncheon at The Goring

We were delighted that you and your family chose The Goring for your celebration. It is always lovely to read that a guest found every member of our team that they encountered to be both friendly and courteous. They all pride themselves in ensuring that our guests want for nothing and are chuffed to pieces by your comments.

The team and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The Goring before too long to sample another of Chef’s delicious desserts!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is so classy. And considering where, and what it is, it's extremely good value. Only had drinks there, BUT such superb service. As an ordinary old bod, a bit,overwhelmed by the place, it was SO lovely. I didn't feel overawed, and it seemed that the staff were tuned in to the fact that some people were just there to "have a look", as it was the Middleton's choice for their daughter's wedding.

I have to admit, I felt a bit of a twerp, cos it was a bit posh for me, but the staff were so lovely and professional, that I didn't at all out of it. On the contrary, I felt like a valued client, and as such, would be sure to return. I doubt I could afford to stay there, but non the less, felt so,comfortable, that I long to return, just to feel the atmosphere and relaxed pace. Spot on.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank christinekelly07
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear christinekelly07,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your time in our Lounge Bar last summer.

I am delighted that despite your apprehension before you arrived at the hotel you felt very much at home. Our team all pride themselves on ensuring that all of our guests are truly cared for and it is always lovely to see this being recognised.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel before too long so that we can all take care of you once again.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I came with a friend to the Goring Hotel to taste the best afternoon tea in London awarded in 2013. This was one of my best tea experience thanks to the kindness and friendliness of the employees. The menu has a great tea selection and the scones were delicious served on a pretty and unique china. The lounge is a nice to relax or to have a drink before going to the theatre. I definitely recommend it!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Francoise B
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Francoise B,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent afternoon tea at The Goring

I am delighted that you enjoyed one of your best tea experiences ever and found our team in the Lounge Bar to be both kind and friendly. It is always lovely to hear that a guest has chosen us because of an award and that they weren’t disappointed. I have to agree with you that Ian’s scones are delicious and my particular favourite at the moment is the chocolate and mint slice.

We are all thrilled that you will recommend The Goring to your friends and family and we hope that you will return for a pre theatre drink of for afternoon tea before too long.