“Special place!”
Review of The Goring

The Goring
Ranked #4 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Goring from Oct. 15-20th. When we arrived before noon our room was ready and they upgraded us to a room located on the garden side.

Checking in was very swift and easy and they made us feel welcomed from the very beginning..

The room (59) was well-appointed and very elegant. The bed was SO comfortable with fine linens and soft pillows. I loved the large bathtub and the shower was nice with good water pressure.

I liked the concierge staff at the hotel. They were all gracious and accommodating and all the staff including the doorman called us by name. The hotel was extremely efficient at providing customer satisfaction.

I celebrated my birthday while in London. I happened to mention that to the concierge and days later on my birthday they sent me a bottle of champagne with a hand-written card wishing me a Happy Birthday! I was touched by this gesture.

We had room service one night and the food was good and presented nicely. We ate breakfast twice in the dining room and it was good. Pricey though.

I like to have coffee first thing in the morning. I asked about coffee service and they sent a hospitality tray with instant coffee, assorted teas, and a hot water pot. It was so convenient to have that in the room so I didn't have to order room service.

In general, I highly recommend The Goring for a wonderful stay in London. Great location too..

I am a runner and they offer jogging guides. Runs were great in St.James and Hyde PArks

Room Tip: Stay on garden side. View is pretty and very quiet!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cynthia R
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Cynthia R,

Thank you very much for your delightful review of your recent stay at The Goring.

The team and I were delighted that you chose to spend your birthday with us and are thrilled that we could play a small part in your celebrations.

I am thrilled that you felt totally at home in Room 59 and that you had plenty of time to soak in the bath, hopefully while sipping your birthday champagne!
We do hope that you will return to visit us again in your special place in London.

With kindest regards,

Graham Copeman

Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel late september for 5 nights. Wow! This hotel is truly amazing. I was fortunate enough to be upgraded to a King room. The room was full of the comforts you enjoy when holidaying. It was quiet, the pillows were comfy and the Molton Brown amenities were lovely. The Room service and food were of superior service. The reception staff were exceptionally lovely and went out of their way to be helpful. Nothing was of any effort for the concierge. The service was outstanding. This is the only hotel I would stay at now in London and I have stayed in many before. Truly spoilt! Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Susan S
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Susan S,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of The Goring.

We are all thrilled that you thought the hotel was truly amazing and that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. I am delighted that our Concierge team were able to help you with anything you needed and that our Reception team were on hand to greet you so warmly.

Thank you so much for your amazing accolade that we are ‘The Hotel in London’ and that you won’t stay anywhere else from now on. Hopefully it won’t be too long until you visit us again.

With warm wishes,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I loved my stay at the Goring. I felt like a real princess. The treatment by the various personnel was excellent and fastidious. Every question, every request, was answered. The room was turned out beautifully, the facility is spotless and comfortable. I felt right at home; as if it were my own little corner of the city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cvwgi

Dear cvwgi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay at The Goring.
I am thrilled that you loved you stay at The Goring and felt like a princess during your time with us. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests felt completely at home with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and the family back to The Goring in the not too distant future.

With warm regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Just to qualify, we first stayed here three years ago... before it's recent fame as Kate's pre-wedding pad. It was lovely, staid and so dignified. Very quiet even with the bustle of Victoria Station so close. The bar is cozy and lived-in (in a good way.) It's so close to everything either on foot or the Tube (Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, St. James's Park, etc.Our room was quaint and full of built-ins. We were expecting some packages and they went out of their way to be sure we received them when needed. We felt well taken care of.

Room Tip: A higher floor and facing the garden in the back is good if you like quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SAEMom25
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear SAEMom25,

Thank you very much for your review of The Goring.

I am delighted that you felt well taken care of and that you enjoyed your time with us so much. It is true Beeston Place is a little oasis of tranquillity despite being so close to the hustle and bustle of Victoria. Our location is as you mentioned perfect for seeing all of the highlights that London has to offer.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Goring and the Bar is looking as cosy as always.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We started our trip here arriving at 7AM from Heathrow. We were beautifully greeted, our room was ready and clean.
The room was small but fixtures and fittings were modernised, functional and attractive.
No minibar or tea making facilities, but room service was great.
The staff are all very friendly and ever so keen to please.
Food was good, but we didn't try dinner as we had other plans.
Very pleasant small luxury hotel, but our room was small.

Room Tip: Get larger rooms if your budget allows.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael R

Dear Michael R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Goring.

I am thrilled that you had a warm ‘Goring’ welcome from the team on arrival and that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope you weren’t too disappointed at the lack of mini bar in your room and am glad you made the most of our 24 hour Room Service. At The Goring we prefer to make our guests any drinks that they desire ourselves so that they can totally relax and make the most of their stay with us.

Despite your room being on the slightly small side I hope that you enjoyed its view of our garden. Please do discuss with Oliver and his team any concerns you have about our rooms whilst making your next reservation with us so that we can ensure you have the best possible one for your needs.

With warm regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at the wonderful Goring Hotel last week. Wow, what a great experience from the minute I checked in until check out. The hotel is very intimate-they greet you by name and make you feel very welcome. I was fortunate to stay in The Royal Suite and was not disapointed! Beautiful rooms decorated like a country house,t.v.'s hidden in remote cabinet, great bathroom with lots of towels and a tv! The dining room is beautiful with wonderful service and food. I love the bar and lounges. At cocktail hour they bring a featured cocktail of the day to your room-a lovely and nice touch! What fun.. Every detail at The Goring is fantastic. I look forward to going back for many years to come! I cannot say enough nice things about the entire staff. My new favorite London hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jonesfab

Dear Jonesfab,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at The Goring.

I am delighted that from the moment you checked into the hotel you enjoyed your stay with us and that we didn’t disappoint you. I do have to agree there is something very relaxing about watching TV whilst having a soak in the bath and of course while sipping the cocktail of the day!

The team and I are thrilled that we are your new favourite London hotel and that you will be returning to see us for many years to come. We look forward to your next visit which we hope will be in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

stayed at the Goring in 2011 for 5 nights, as I thought it would be a great start to my holiday, and how right I was. I arrived in London during the riots, and had no idea they were happening as I was travelling from Australia. On arrival at the Goring the service was wonderful, only one night during my stay the management of the hotel advised guest to stay inside. The most wonderful sight was when 3 vans of riot police parked across the road, and the staff took them out cups of tea in nice china cups. Imagine if you will tough London Bobbies all dressed in riot gear drinking out of china cups, yes most did have their little finger raised. My room was wonderful, the staff were marvellous and I really did not want to leave. But I keep telling myself 'not to worry you will be back in July 2013, for another 5 nights and hopefully in August 2013 for a few days before my trip to Iceland. I have had to put in that I stayed in Nov 2011 but I stayed in August 2011.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank katherine j
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear katherine j,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us last year.

I am thrilled that we provided such a great start to your holiday and that throughout your time with us you found the service to be top notch. It certainly was an interesting sight a collection of policeman sipping from our china cups!

We were sad to see you go too but that is brilliant news that you are planning to come back and see us twice in 2013. Oliver and his team look forward to receiving your call and booking you in. I am sure that it won’t be quite the same next year.