Lowest prices for your stay
$57
$63
Agoda.com
$55
Priceline$62
Hotels.com$63
Hurb$78
All reviews earls court excellent location lower floor breakfast room is convenient location an overnight stay tube supermarket pubs station
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2017

Being American, I will try and point out some of the things that I experienced staying at the Rushmore Hotel that may not be typical of a hotel in the US; like the fact that the hotel does not provide wash cloths for the customers. I've experienced that before so it wasn't an issue. But if you have never experienced that, just know it is not that uncommon. I typically carry a washcloth in my suitcase just in case.

My family stayed at the Rushmore Hotel for three nights around Easter weekend in 2017. I have stayed at similar hotels around the Kensington area before, and the Rushmore Hotel was very typical of this style of hotel. They are typically independent hotels with local owners. I booked the hotel over a year in advance, and the owner contacted me to make sure I booked the correct dates. I thought that was very nice of him, to ensure I had booked the correct dates for my stay. I have turned up at hotels before and the reservations were wrong. I appreciate the owner verifying that I had booked correctly.
The staff was very nice and helpful. They have a different rule that if you leave the hotel that they want you to leave your room key at the desk. I assume that is to keep people from checking out and traveling home with the room key accidentally. Since the front desk was staffed 24 hours a day, it wasn't a big deal. It was just the first time I had ever encountered this.
Our room was one of the triple rooms, with two single beds and one queen size bed. The room was clean and comfortable, but the carpet, furniture and beds were a bit worn out. Being a basement room, the carpet was more what you would expect in a basement, so it didn't concern me that much. We didn't have any trouble getting to sleep, so while the beds were fine. The bathroom had recently been remodeled, so it was new. Nice shower, toilet and sink with new tile.

We stayed in one of the basement rooms (Room #1) which was right next to the breakfast area. Really didn't notice much noise from this in the room. I have found that these style hotels tend to cater to more of a European clientele with families, and that the breakfast conversations are in multiple languages. I've always enjoyed that part of these type of hotels. The complementary continental breakfast was provided every morning. It was a nice mix of fresh fruit, boiled eggs, cereal, deli tray and breads.

The location of the hotel was excellent. right around the corner from Earls Court Station for the Underground. Plenty of restaurants nearby, including McDonalds and a KFC.

The Rushmore is a good basic hotel, and located close to the Underground station so exploring London is easy. I think we paid a little over $100 a night for three beds. It provides the basics with no frills. Bed, bath, wi-fi and TV. Free breakfast is included. You'll have to navigate narrower stairwells with your luggage, but that is typical of this type of hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Dudley M
RushmoreManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Rushmore, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the Rushmore and for your detailed account. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the room was to your liking. As a family run business we pride ourselves on personal and friendly service and we are delighted to hear that you received this. We do provide a laundry service for washing clothes at a small charge which perhaps you were unaware of, but if you visit us again we would be happy to provide this service for you. The Reception is open 24 hours a day and we usually keep the guest room keys for safety reasons as we have found in the past that they can get mislaid. It is pleasing to hear that the room was clean and comfortable with all the amenities that you required and that you enjoyed the continental breakfast. We aim to serve a fresh and varied breakfast to give our guests a great start to the day!

We would be delighted to have you and your family stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Kind regards,

The Rushmore Hotel

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

Just got back from a weekend at the Rushmere, nice hotel we had room 2 in the basement which had 2 double beds so was a great size, staff were very friendly and welcoming only down point was the continental breakfast, limited choice but just about adequate, fantastic location, 1 minute walk from earls court station so you can get into the city within 15 mins, loads of places to eat and drink within 5 minutes.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank macgbr1973
RushmoreManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Rushmore, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Rushmore. We are delighted to read your great feedback and we are happy that you enjoyed your experience, from the clean, comfortable room to the convenient location, but most of all for the friendly service you received, which we pride ourselves on. Our aim is to take good care of all our guests. We try to offer a varied continental breakfast and although you found it adequate, I will enquire with the housekeeping staff to ensure that there is always a good selection of foods to choose from.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2017

My family and I enjoyed our stay at the Rushmore. The staff was friendly. The location is excellent. It's right around the corner from the Earl's Court station. Our room was more spacious than previous hotel rooms we've stayed at in London. The water pressure in the shower was good. The only bad thing about this hotel is the steep, narrow staircases.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Amy D
RushmoreManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Rushmore, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

Thank you for your complimentary review. As a Victorian townhouse hotel we hope to offer charm, character and good service. We are glad you liked your room and en-suite bathroom and the convenient location of the hotel. We look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

I have staying in that hotel for two nights. The room is very small, old and neglected. The shower is like 1 sq.m. There is renovation beside the hotel next to my window causing a massive !! noise and preventing rest. No one mentioned that when i booked (they should have as i could consider the "adventure"). The tv did not work, and when i apply the receptionist about, their nothing she can do. The breakfast was very poor, very unpleasant and thick dining room. no service sing so the cleaner just "jumped" into my room. I have complained about all in front of two separat receptionist and demand for compensation, but they did nothing due to the weekend manager off, they even did not call him !!!. If you care about your money, stay away !!!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Uri L
RushmoreManager, Manager at Hotel Rushmore, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2017

In response to your review of Rushmore Hotel, I wish to address some, if not all of the issues which you have raised. The renovation work next door has not caused disruption to our hotel on the scale which you have suggested. In fact, you are the first guest to complain about it. Our rooms and ensuite bathrooms are no smaller in size than those of comparable hotels in this area. My reception staff are happy to help guests with any problems which may occur unless these are beyond their capability. Contrary to your criticsm, the duty receptionist did contact me and thereafter offered you the choice of moving to another single room but couldn't offer you a larger room (double/twin) since we were fully booked over the weekend.
It is regrettable that you had an unsatisfactory stay, despite our best efforts.

Reviewed March 5, 2017

I stayed for six nights. Location is brilliant, staff are just gorgeous and so helpful. Room was perfectly adequate for one person. Would highly recommend and will definitely use again. Thank you so much!

Room tip: Higher levels are quiet but no lift. Worth the climb though!
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
RushmoreManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Rushmore, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2017

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff friendly and helpful. We are fortunate to be well located for local amenities and the London attractions. We hope you will stay with us again soon.