New Linden Hotel
galahotels.com
$288
$279
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnotting hillportobello roadhoneymoon suitebayswater tube stationcontinental breakfastkensington gardenscold meatshyde parkluggage roomminute walkbigger roomstaff on receptionlovely hotelnice bathroombars and restaurantsrooms are smallyogurt
Reviewed September 22, 2013

New Linden is located in Bayswater, near Hyde Park, pubs, tourism buses stop and subway stations. Notting Hill is in a short way walk. Really nice staff, friendly and helpful. The building is antique but recently reassembled. The bathroom is tiny small, but clean and the bed is comfortable. The breakfast is a good and pleasant surprise: good coffee, tea, milk, cereal, bread, cheese, eggs, fruits! I would stay there again and I recommend it to all my friends and whoever asks about where to stay in London.

Room Tip: Try to pick the last floor. Elevator avaible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I've travelled a great deal and avoid 'chain' hotels. This was such an interesting hotel, Loved the exotic decor and overall design and tasteful colours of everything.
Breakfast was plentiful...I don't understand the complaints,since there were croissants, rolls, toast, cereals, cold meats, jams etc, juice, tea, coffee all very fresh and as much as you could eat.
The location was perfect for accessibility to anywhere in London by bus, train or taxi.
I see photos of items on the floor, what did they expect when the cleaner needed to do her job, and she was lovely too, big smiles from her.
Best of all were the staff, they couldn't have been more helpful re things to do and local amenities, assisting with baggage, very friendly, respectful and helpful but not intrusive.
When I phoned to advise them of our late arrival I mentioned the type of room I would like and they upgraded us at no extra charge as they happened to have a vacancy,, so...if not happy and they have another room just ask, there is no need to complain for the sake of it. If not happy with anything just say so politely to staff, they will help I'm sure. 10/10 to them :-)
I'll be back!

Room Tip: Just tell them if you're extra sensitive to noise, need more space or anything else, they're very obliging people where they can be.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TilliCoffsHarbour
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was a nice hotel, friendly staff, good bed and great bathroom, all in a nice neighborhood with restaurants just down the block and a good pub a few feet away. We really enjoyed our three nights at this hotel. And a quick walk to the tube, or a short cab ride from Paddington.

Room Tip: We opted for a slightly bigger room, and it was one of the larger rooms that we found in our three weeks in England. Window opened which was a nice way to get fresh air on warm summer evenings.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice, very clean rooms with good bathrooms. The room was small but relaxing. Near Hyde park and 2 tube stations so it was a great location. The staff were very helpful and polite.
On the downside, the breakfast was below par, only cold meats, cheese, fruits, cereal and toast
would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel. It was only very fair definitely not 4 star.. not sure how they get star ratings in london but not by my standard.. The bedroom was small and very basic. The breakfast was poor. I was disappointed the hotel overall. The reception area is very deceptive as are the photos they use for the hotel. Also the hotel is difficult to find.... However I could not fault the staff who were very polite.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family