“Good value, great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Enterprise Hotel

Enterprise Hotel
Ranked #792 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Locarno
“Good value, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great little hotel, just a few stops from Victoria Station. Quiet, safe neighbourhood, with a post office, a great Thai restaurant, in Italian restaurant (always stuffed!) and a KFC just minutes away. Also not far from museums... Some rooms are really TINY, but clean and staff is helpful and friendly. Standard, simple breakfast should be included in the price, separate billing is slightly complicated, but we've stayed at this hotel several times and will go there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

There is nothing fancy about the hotel - but it is clean and an in an excellent location. Down the street from Earl's Court - we explored London easily using the tube - everything is very close. Room and bathroom are small and not luxurious, but everything was clean and in good condition.

One downside - we did book a double and got a room with two singles pushed together - but for a couple of days - was not an issue. Would not be my choice for a romantic weekend in the city though.

Internet and Breakfast are extra and expensive - but we ate at any of the numerous places in the area and tethered on the cell phone so neither was an issue.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephen M
Oslo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I was unfortunate enough to stay here for a long weekend in September. My first impression was poor - the receptionists were bored and didn't seem to care when two guests dropped a bottle of wine on the lobby floor, breaking the bottle and spilling its contents. If anything, they seemed amused. No effort was made to clean up the mess.

Traveling alone as a young woman, I was less than pleased at being assigned the room on the 1st floor directly next to the elevator. In fact, the elevator was so close that I spent the first night listening to automated elevator voice and the pings and dings as it opened and closed the doors that I had to request a change of rooms on the next day. I was met with hostility by the main receptionist, who more than once repeated that I had been assigned a very good and spacious room. I did however get to switch rooms, as another receptionist took mercy on me.

As a side note, apparently soaps and shampoos have expiration dates? I noticed this when I read the labels on these in my second room, puzzled by the fact that they stocked a different brand from the first room. The expiration date had passed by months. Obviously not a crisis by any comparison, but I found this odd.

The rest of the stay all up until checkout was adequate, save from the night the fire alarm went off at around four in the morning, once again the staff being unapologetic and bored with the situation. Thankfully there was no fire, but it sure would have been nice with an apology for waking all of the guests up in literally the middle of the night.

At checkout I asked to keep my bags in luggage storage until the afternoon. Apparently only one staff member was competent enough to handle that, and I had to wait until his convenience in order to drop off my bags. There was a £2 charge or something like that, which I was told had to be paid up front, but when I presented a £10 note I was told giving change was impossible and I had to pay in coins on my return instead. The staff member was incredibly brusque. It did not help the situation that on my return, I discovered the hotel had ripped my bag and I had to buy a replacement so it wouldn't completely fall apart on my travel home. Once again, the staff disappointed by acting as if they hadn't ripped it, making no apology and not even pointing it out to me. I decided to not take further action, as the argument that would have ensued would only have pissed me off and made me late for my flight.

I will never ever return here, and frankly, neither should anyone else. There are far better hotels, or should I say less awful, in London at the same prices.

1 Thank thinkpol

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Claregalway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Nice clean friendly hotel, great location near Earls court station, easy access to all attractions, the room was very small and in need of an upgrade but very clean. Unfortunately it was not the hotel I booked!! I used the site "Get a room.com" which are a disaster they told us the night before that our hotel was fully booked!! Too late to cancel flights and other bookings and after hours of arguing they booked us into the enterprise hotel which after the thoughts of in London on sat night with no hotel was a great relief

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed in the Enterprise Hotel for a conference and I was really pleased.

The hotel staff is absolutely quick in every check-in/check-out phase, the room was small (as any room in London...) but clean and efficient.

The hotel is in a quiet street in front of Earls Court station, and it's great if you're coming from Heathrow, and it's a very good point if you're moving anywhere in central London.

The continental breakfast buffet was very good too, but you've to pay a little extra if you want a British breakfast.

The key point anyway is the cleanliness, coming from Italy and knowing the London scene, I was impressed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The reservation manager, Sam, was amazing. He arranged for us to get in to the hotel at a reasonable rate, and looked after our needs. Even though the room was small, we had a balcony, and it was very clean. The staff were helpful, and we felt like we were at home. The restaurant in the hotel served great food, and the flowers outside were beautiful. A deal. b

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cape Town
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I always read the good and bad reviews when booking a hotel and for once I didn't have time to do this for this hotel which was a mistake.
You really get what you pay for with this hotel so if you're not expecting much then it's fine.
Our room was on the 3rd floor and so hot (even on a cold day) that we had to strip as soon as we walked in the door and open the window as wide as possible (which meant the street sounds came straight in.) Fine during the day but a Friday night with all the drinkers outside at 3 am isn't great. We asked to change and were told there weren't any other rooms - which wasn't true as there were still deals on the internet. The reception staff were incredibly unfriendly (a smile costs nothing guys!) and the porter didn't help us once with our pram up and down the hotel's steps. For 5 days he managed to avoid helping us once - amazing.
The plus side is that it's right next to Earls court tube and it's cheap, the minus sides are the extremely small room (make sure you only need to sleep here), the heat (even in cold weather ??), the rude staff, the unhelpful porter and the overpricing for everything - we had breakfast in Costa every day for half the price 2 mins walk away.
If you need a base for a night or 2 - why not…? But to have an enjoyable experience in your hotel… I don't think so.

Room Tip: Maybe rooms on a lower floor won't be so hot??? Maybe ask to see the room first?? Who knows?