“What a great day”

Belmond British Pullman
Ranked #68 of 727 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: From the moment you leave London on the Belmond British Pullman you are whisked away into a world of pure indulgence. Champagne flows and gourmet cuisine is served as you take in the beauty of the British countryside.With destinations as such Glorious Goodwood, Cowes Regatta, Chatsworth House and experiences including Valentine's Day and The Dinner in association with Laurent Perrier the Belmond British Pullman really does offer you a journey of true elegance.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Just been out for lunch on the beautiful British Pullman Line. Our carriage was Lucille and it was just lovely. Everything about it was perfect and we had a great experience. I would like to say a very big thank you to all the staff on board who made it such a great experience. Sometimes we all forget to thank the people that matter and had it not been for them all and the very hard work they put in to making it seem so effortless I am sure it would not have been so great. The staff are so very kind and nothing is too much trouble. I would recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was a 50th birthday treat. The whole day was so well organised, everyone was made to feel so special with the friendly yet professional customer service. The food was delicious and the team on board did a fantastic job to deliver effortlessly course after course!

Bath is beautiful and we really enjoyed the coach tour and the visit to the baths.

Having the steam engine made the trip even more special and once back at Victoria we made the most of an invitation to look inside.

An experience of a lifetime!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

A 70th birthday trip for my Mum, who was so excited I was worried it wouldn't live up to expectations. It did, I'm pleased to say! We went to York and great service carried us through the whole experience from booking our tickets, checking in to the waiters and the tour guide in York.

Received a rather lovely presentation book approx 5 days before which included the tickets. Food was as good as in previous reviews, and we literally rolled out the carriage at Finsbury Park on the way home. This particular trip stops there on the way back so you can take the tube to get back to Victoria, approx 15 mins (rather than 1.5hr trip around London that we had had in the morning). Well worth doing as it was already gone 9pm by then.

The trip is expensive... I got a discount using my nectar card, they offer 25% off the trip using it, plus up to an additional £50 using your points.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went on the British Pullman for one of my sister's 50th Birthday celebration..along with her friend..We enjoy it..seeing how the other half live..just for one day. Service was A* along with food and drink....stopped of at Deal..which was no big Deal..pardon the pun...But It was the train ride we paid fpr and all its finery and Fine..it was...we would all do this again..for a special occasion of course....

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We travelled on the 'Golden Age Of Travel' day trip from Chichester on 16 August as a birthday surprise for my mum.

From start to finish it was perfect and we were treated like royalty.

We were in the Audrey carriage which was a bit more art deco than some of the others, and our stewards were Roy and Andrew (I think!) but both were very attentive and very interesting to speak to. On looking at the other carriages I was more than happy with where we were, it looked a bit more luxurious than some of the others.

The food was first class and each course was spaced at regular intervals throughout our journey with champagne and wine to accompany it. You could buy other drinks on-board but not only did we not feel the need, the prices were very expensive which I kind of expected anyway.

It was really nice to see lots of people dressed up as it really added to the atmosphere and experience.

The only negative I have is that towards the end of the trip ( a few hours in total) I was starting to get very uncomfortable, not helped by the heat but I also appreciate that on such an old train you don't get today's mod cons such as air conditioning so there's not a lot that can be done about that. With that in mind, it would probably put me off doing any longer journeys.

Our experience was fabulous and the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion and I would thoroughly recommend to anybody that is looking for something a little bit different - it's quite pricey for what you get but the type of thing you probably would only do once in your life.