“Nice wine good English pub”

The Sherlock Holmes Pub
Book In Advance
More Info
$35.63*
and up
Historic Pubs of London Walking Tour
Ranked #119 of 1,317 Nightlife in London
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice wine, great location and a traditional pub that's well worth a visit. Didn't try the beer but there was a very good selection. Go upstairs to see a really unusual and interesting recreation of Sherlock Holmes Victorian living room but sshh don't talk about him not being really real...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,149)
All reviews
in 9 reviews
"pounds"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Service here was very poor, couldn't even get glasses of water! Food was decent but seems like they were sitting back and letting the name do all the work instead of the service!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We thought to finally try this Pub after all the times we have stayed at the Corinthia Hotel, especially now after our first night from a days travel. We wanted something quick and simple. The Pub is downstairs and a small dining area upstairs. The atmosphere of the place lends itself to its name as there are numerous artifacts of Holmes and Watson on the walls. They do not have an extensive menu but from the sounds of many around us, fish and chips is the main dish to order, so my husband and I ordered it along with a side order of onion rings. The food was good, and just the right amount. While my husband ordered beer, I just had water, and somehow the Brits arent into "cold", so I had to ask twice for some ice cubes for my water. We went on a Thursday night, and my one complaint is that the 2 girls that were serving the area could have used an extra pair of hands. Although the dining area is small, maybe 50, if even, the girls were working hard. We had to wait for our check and waited too long because they were so busy tending to the other customers.
This pub was very nice, not someplace I would take a child, since the menu is limited. We left satisfied and would definitely return once again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Visited here for coffee recently, asked for it extra strong but it seemed a poor effort.

Probably the wrong move to go to a pub for coffee but it was open and near Trafalgar square, won't be going back here anytime soon, at least for a cup of coffee.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 4, 2013

While touring London - had great desire to visit a pub and have a beer. Located Sherlock Holmes Pub during walking tour. The three of us had lunch in the bar area. I had the Sherlock Holmes Ale, while my wife had the Old Golden Hen. In British tradition - beers are not chilled. The beers were good - but a 'cold one' on this hot day would have been better. Lunch was okay.