“Loved it”

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Loved it”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I'm really interested in prisons and the history of torture so this museum was absolutely perfect for me. I came on my birthday with my boyfriend and we both really enjoyed it. Even he really liked the museum but I suppose he does have a History degree! I loved the atmosphere of the place. It does look quite scary from the outside so that has put me off on previous occasions from visiting. I'm such a wimp!! So glad I visited though and it is good for people of all ages. It is suitable for children and I found the bits designed for children were very interesting. I'd prefer it if the museum was bigger but that's my only complaint and i'm only saying that because I absolutely loved it and didn't want my visit to end!!!

2 Thank h1990

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Interesting History”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

It was recommended that if we had the time while we were in London to go and visit the Clink Prison Museum. This really was a great visit ..the history is fascinating and it from this prison that the term "the clink" comes from..I rate this as a really interesting place to visit. I purchased the small book that details all of the history and I recommend buying it. It is not expensive and the details of the jail and its inmates is great reading...

1 Thank Wanderer2929
Swansea, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“worth a visit”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I really enjoyed visiting this attraction....in an expensive city like london this museum is good value for money, its only £7 entry and is full of interesting history and facts of the prisoners of londons past, its also quite interactive, allowing visitors to pick up and handle weaponry and torture devices etc.

Yorkshire
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“It was ok”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

A museum in what was the Original Clink showing how prisoners were housed and tortured throughout the centuries.

Some interesting items of torture on display and the different methods used.

£7.50 entrance fee.

1 Thank BlueyTwoShoes
Stroud, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Really interesting little place. Different types of torture methods used, a little bit of historical London, good to see if you're interested in this sort of thing

Visited February 2013