Chelsea Physic Garden

from $225.92
More Info
from $91.98
More Info
All reviews medicinal plants tangerine dream guided tour sloane square botanical gardens interesting garden kings road volunteer guides wonderful plants edible plants royal hospital free tour admission price fascinating history different areas wander around entrance fee
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2019

With so many great sights to see in London, this is a great relaxing site. Lovely gardens, lots of history. When new plants were being to London in 1800's. All the reviews say it better than I can. Do go!

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019

A wonderful visit at this oasis. We were fortunate to join a tour, and learnt more about the history of the garden, plus fun snippets, from a knowledgable tour. The garden is a haven where one can explore, or simply sit on a bench and absorb the peaceful ambience ( while ignoring air traffic above). The Cafe has good write ups, however, we did not go. I do recommend a visit for the gardener or holistic health lover.

1  Thank rika65
Reviewed August 31, 2019

Tired of walking around London? Stop here and stay here for as long as you like and want and be fed literally with good food and the healing properties of nature. We came here for lunch at the restaurant. The food was very fresh and good. The service kindly though a tad harried and the garden around just so gracefully healing for want of a better term to use. Several benches line the green paths so you can always find a place to hide yourself and read or rest or just be if that is what you need. There is an entrance ticket but worth every penny of it. Chelsea Physic garden is perhaps the best place I have visited in London so far.

1  Thank cganguly19
Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

I have tried to get to the Chelsea Physic Garden three times now and we delayed by one day on this trip, causing me to not look at the hours and of course it was closed! I was gutted but even walking around the outskirts and peering into the gates, I was enthralled. What an amazing space, full of history and botany.

1  Thank DeganWalters
Reviewed August 18, 2019

We enjoyed a perfect afternoon at the Chelsea Physic Garden recently. Arriving on a sunny day just in time for lunch but with no booking meant that we had to sit inside the cafe. So if you plan to dine outside in a typical English utopian style then make a booking. None the less we had a lovely light lunch and we completed it in time to join a tour of the garden. A lovely volunteer guide made our experience an excellent one. She took us around the different areas, explained the purpose and history of this very old garden. It is a splendid little pocket of London and well worth a visit especially if you happen to be a keen home gardener. There is a little shop with gardeny things to buy, some pertaining to this particular garden and some of a general nature. I wanted to buy some packets of seeds from the Physic Garden but coming from New Zealand I would not be permitted to bring them into our country. Sadly I left the seeds behind but took away a giant load of beautiful memories.

Date of experience: July 2019