“Enjoyable visit” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mudchute Park & Farm

Mudchute Park & Farm
Ranked #295 of 1,570 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest city farm in London with over 32 acres of countryside in the middle of the Isle of Dogs to share with friendly fur and feathered creatures. We pride ourselves on our wonderful collection of British rare breeds and currently have over 200 animals and fowl on our farm!Join us at the farm for events, horse riding, community groups or a family picnic.
Hertford, United Kingdom
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Enjoyable visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is an attractive urban farm very close to Canary Wharf, the bustling centre of London Docklands. The animals are varied and interesting and appear well kept, and all the large animals have ample land for grazing etc.
The farm is popular but large enough not to feel too crowded. The entrance is only a short walk from Crossharbour Station (Docklands Light Railway) which has excellent connections to the main Underground (Tube) network.
The only slight negative was a rather limited choice in the farm restaurant.

Visited July 2013

Newcastle, Australia
“A Refreshing Break From The City Hustle And Bustle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I lived very close to this place for my five month stay in London. It was lovely to be able to walk around the park and see the animals to escape the city. I also enjoyed watching the seasons change throughout the year. A nice place to waste a few hours and for kids to get some hands on with the animals. Gorgeous in the snow and some prime tobogganing terrain!

Visited January 2013
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A bit disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My car broke down so I wanted somewhere to go with my 4 year old boy by train. I've been wanting to visit Mudchute farm for ages so I took the opportunity today. Really easy to get to and the directions on the website were spot on. The animals were lovely, my son particularly loved the two big pigs. It was a bit disappointing that there were other animals that were quite far away from where you could stand so my son could barely see them. We made our way to the petting area and office, only to find them both closed. We had been on the website numerous times but there was no mention of this, very did-appointed. We went for a little walk to the " play area " and ducks..... The ducks were all locked up and the play area was an overgrown field with a zip wire with no zip and overgrown vegetation!!! An absolute waste of space that could be made into an absolute haven for children, such a shame. Next lunch at the cafe. Not bad but really not good either. All in all Mudchute Farm is a brilliant idea in principal but it really is a load of nothing and unfortunately I won't be making the trip back there, which is such a shame as I really think with a tiny bit of effort this would be a brilliant day out and quite a little money pit.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Rachael C
Wimborne, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Lovely Oasis In The Heart Of The City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Had read about this place so made a point of visiting last time we were in London. We couldn't have picked a better day as the weather was perfect, and we really were very impressed. Goats, llamas, pigs, horses, sheep, lambs, chickens, turkeys, rabbits in very attractive surroundings with Canary Wharf as a backdrop. On the downside, the cafe was somewhat chaotic and we had to queue for some time to buy drinks - but we weren't in any hurry so it didn't matter much, and my rose lemonade was well worth the wait.

Visited May 2013
Stocksfield, null, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Most depressing place ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Thought this would be a pleasant place to spend an hour or so. Couldn't have been more wrong. It was absolutely sad and scruffy (and I live in the countryside, so I know what to expect from outdoorness and farms) whole place needed some TLC. Hardly any animals, the 'petting' zoo bit involved tragic bored rabbits behind bars. Found some 'easter chicks' in a box in a random indoor room, no information on them or any other animals. Couldnt get near to horses as for their 'welfare' visitors aren't allowed near them. They all looked thoroughly bored, and its a bit tragic to watch them being walked up and down the courtyard, presumably to stretch their legs for a bit. One of the pigs appeared to be grunting in distress. The llamas looked perky enough. Visited on Easter Sunday so I'm presuming it may be a bit cheerier during the summer months. But overall it was utterly miserable.

Visited March 2013