“expected more”

Battersea Park Children's Zoo
Ranked #385 of 1,695 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: There's a world of enjoyment at Battersea Park Children's Zoo. From feeding the farm animals, spying on the meerkats in the secret lookout, children will have hours of fun. With monkeys, snakes, pigs, donkeys, ring tailed lemurs, parrots, rabbits, emu, chipmunks, coati, wallabies and chickens, plus a fun-packed adventure playground with a real tractor and fire engine, it's a great family day out.
Reviewed November 2, 2012

It is not easy to reach with public transport although not far from centre. The zoo itself is very small with maybe 50 - 60 different animals. It is clean, and washing facilities are all over.
There is an entrance fee, which is not cheap for what the zoo is offering.

2  Thank dvorpo

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Looking for a place to take my 3 year old grandson I stumbled upon the zoo on the internet.
We had to take Two buses to get there but it was well worth the ride. The Adult prices are not bad for London but the childrens fee is a bit steep. Nearly as dear as the Adults ?!
Saying that my grandson loved every minute of his day out. He loved the limas and the small monkeys. The Otters were great but he thought the Meekats were just the best, He laughed so much, he just wanted to keep going back to see them.
The water and sand play area was right up his street and the playground with slides kept him happy for ages. But what made his day was the full scale fire engine and tractor he could play on.
All in all a great day out. (And it helped that we went when the bigger kids went back to school).

3  Thank Wayne S
Carol H, Owner at Battersea Park Children's Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Many thanks for your review - the real fire-engine is always popular - no matter the age.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Lovely large restaurant lovely ambience with tv sound off nice background music not too loud lovely little hideaways to sit down and eat in quiet.

Excellant quality of food at a decent price for what you get.

We had vegetarian option for sunday dinner though not vegetarian and it was gorgeous a nice change.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was very disappointed by my visit, it's all changed since I was a youngster. I took my 5 year old daughter and the best thing about the place was the very decent play area, which she enjoyed immensely, however, I would not expect to pay such extortionate prices for. We've visited many good parks this summer, with equally fabulous facilities and not paid a penny to play. The play area should be within the general park and not within the zoo grounds, this just forces people to pay silly prices, obviously deliberate. I agree with the other negative reviews; to call this a zoo is very misleading, I expect a lot more from a zoo. I will always continue to visit the park, but I'll avoid the zoo in future. Shame really.

3  Thank Tuls68
Carol H, Owner at Battersea Park Children's Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

I wonder of you had time to visit all our animals - including ring tailed lemurs, squirrel monkeys, brown capuchin monkeys, emperor tamarins, cotton top tamarins, coatimundis, meerkats, Asian short claw otters, Provosts squirrel, chinchillas, chipmunks, tortoise, giant land snails, degus, gerbils, corn snakes, lovebirds, Bali starling, parrots, emu, Indian ducks etc.
Also the farm animals - Shetland pony, donkeys, Kune Kune pigs, African goats, rabbits etc.

What else you would call such a varied collection of exotic animals other than a zoo?

We also have to hold a current Zoo Licence!!

There is a council owned play ground in Battersea Park which is not in the zoo.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Not the biggest children's farm I've ever been to, but plenty to see. The play equipment for the kids was first class. The entrance fee was worth that alone! My little boy spent hours on the tractor and fire engine, and also found the monkeys very funny! Would recommend to anyone

1  Thank Loftyff
Carol H, Owner at Battersea Park Children's Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Very pleased you and your toddler enjoyed the zoo.

Although the adventure playground is great fun once energy is expended even little children enjoy the animals and birds and who knows what they remember from this experience. My elder son was definitely influenced by a visit to a Falconry centre when he was very young.

Many thanks for your review.