“Alfie Boe concert” 5 of 5 bubbles

Grand Tour of The Royal Albert Hall in London
Ranked #4 of 339 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Opened in 1871, the Royal Albert Hall is the world’s most famous stage. It is also one of London’s most iconic and visited tourist attractions. Over the years, it has been the scene of over 150,000 performances; from Wagner to Sinatra, The Beatles to Beyonce, Muhammad Ali to Adele, and is home to the celebrated BBC Proms. Whilst the venue is most famous for its shows by night, by day this treasured building is open for coffee, lunch, afternoon tea and guided tours of the building. Tip for tour ticket holders: Enjoy a 10% discount on items in the Hall’s gift shop and Cafe Bar.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Alfie Boe concert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

First of all I would like to say what a beautiful venue the Royal Albert hall is. Unlike some other reviewers I found the acoustics excellent for Alfie's concert with no distortion,we were sitting in the stalls maybe they were sitting elsewhere. The concert was fantastic,Alfie's sublime voice raised the roof as did the appreciation of the audience. His latest album is called Storyteller so anyone who had listened to it would have realised the songs he would be singing. He did include some lovely Neapolitan songs during the performance,which should have pleased the classical lovers. Alfie calls himself a singer now,not a Tenor or an Opera Singer. He sings all genres of songs,personally I just loved the whole very professional concert and I could listen to him singing anything.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Little Wilbraham, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Joe Bonamassa in concert, 30th March”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is the 3rd time I have seen Joe live and without a doubt the above is without doubt the best place to go and listen to live music. The sound and close up view here are better than any other venue and I have been to quite a few live shows in all sorts of stadiums and arena's!!
The security staff were very helpful and friendly; bar staff also. In fact the whole experience was fantastic!! I'll be back!!!

Visited March 2013
3 Thank ian g
israel
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“royal albert hall: not for tall people.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

we booked 3 box tickets for carmen at the royal albert hall.
at the last minute one of our party got sick and cld not join us. we tried to sell one single ticket at a real discount outside the entrance, but there were no buyers and the hall was packed. it would be nice if the hall would offer in their box office, a service for last minute cancellations, for last minute arrivals.
when we rushed to our first row box office seats, it turned out that there is no way that i with my long legs (i am 1.88 meters tall) could fit into the seat with the very narrow space available to the front wall. lucky me ,we had 3 seats and were only 2 people, so we could take out one chair into the corridor and i was able to rotate my chair by 90 degrees and watch the opera in relative convenience.why is the bublic not warned when buying tickets that seats have only such narrow space?
the hall is very impressive, the performance was very good and colourful and the orchestra was excellent. carmen and georges bizet dont need me to recommend their opera.

Visited March 2013
Fife Scotland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Having attended Alfie Boe's concert on Tuesday evening at the RAH along with my husband we were very much looking forward to listening to his beautiful tenor voice rendering some popular classical arias - how disappointed we were with his choice of repertoire. The backing music was deafening, and with filming also taking place during the performance we found it very distracting. Such a shame a special treat at great expense from family .was so disappointing.

1 Thank Sinclairs
Dorset
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Mountbatten Festival of Music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Absolutely fantastic as always. I have been to this event a few times but this year I do believe the Royal Marines Band surpassed themselves.

1 Thank Creteliz