“Worth a quick stop” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baden-Powell House

Baden-Powell House
Ranked #763 of 1,568 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the house of Sir Robert Baden-Powell who not only fought as a soldier for his country, but also worked for peace through the brotherhood of the Scout Movement.
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Worth a quick stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you have ever been in the scout or guide movement this is worth a quick 30 minute stop. There's a nice statue outside and momentos inside. You can also grab refreshments whilst there and enjoy your memories flooding back .

Visited September 2012
1 Thank David A

Mount Desert, Maine
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just what we needed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Baden-Powell was great to stay at everything was clean and the people were very nice. The rooms were cheaply priced and included a wonderful breakfast. The Baden-Powell house is in a great location right across the street from the natural history museum and close to both the tube and the Victoria and Albert Museum.

Visited April 2012
Stratford, Prince Edward Island, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Felt like we were at home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

We're from Canada and recently went to London for March break with our 16 year old son. When our three sons were growing up we were all heavily involved in Scouting, and to our surprise on our way back to our hotel one night we happened upon Baden-Powell House. We decided to stop in and were pleasantly surprised at how at-home we felt. We didn't spend a night there so cannot comment on the rooms, but the atmosphere was so nice that we stopped in the lounge and spent a good couple of hours there. My husband and son played pool, and I walked around, looking at the exhibits and listening to an incredible choir that was rehearsing in the auditorium. The young girl on duty couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. I highly recommend anyone connected to Scouting to visit this place. You will feel right at home.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank kiddyhawk1_12
Merseyside
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good and Bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2008

I went to the Baden-Powell House with school. I wasn't expecting anything brilliant as we were only going for 1 night.
My first glance at the hostel was great. Nicely decorated, computers, lounge and food and drink machines. There was a lift but under 16's couldn't use it without an adult, which is quite annoying when your suitcase weighs a ton. Lots of stairs.
I shared a room with 5 other people, so 6 in total. There were 2 normal beds and 2 bunk-beds. They were a bit creaky and the top bunks weren't even made! The other beds were. My friend had a very uncomftable mattress. Other than that, there was table, 4 chairs, lockers, hangers and a tele, it was very useful. The bathroom was tiny! About the size of aeroplane toliet, including shower! The bedroom lock was easy enough to use.
I didn't really enjoy the continental breakfast. The orange juice was ok but a bit sour and my friend had off milk in her tea. The toaster wasn't working so I had a bowl off cereal. The bowl was the size of my fist. I couldn't get the milk to come out of the machine and had to press quite hard.
I didn't really notice the staff much either so I can't really comment on them!
I WOULD DEFINATELY RECOMEND THIS HOSTEL!!!!! =]

1 Thank Mitchie_shell
A TripAdvisor Member
“relax with kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2003

relaxed with kids food adequate room comfortable price unbeatable great location reasonable restaurants close by geat choice

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member