“Impressive”

$52.86*
Private Tour: Big Ben to Covent Garden Tour in London
$85.90*
and up
London Walking Tour Including Fast-Track Westminster Abbey Visit and Changing...
$13.22*
Essential London Walking Tour
Ranked #5 of 1,648 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Elizabeth Tower is the name of the famous clock tower which stands at the Houses of Parliament. The name Big Ben is often used to describe the tower, the clock and the bell but the name was first given to the Great Bell. The Elizabeth Tower was completed in 1859 and the Great Clock started on 31 May. The Great Bell's strikes were heard for the first time on 11 July and the quarter bells first chimed on 7 September. All visits to Big Ben and the Elizabeth Tower tours are now suspended due to refurbishment with the last tour having taken place on 16 December 2016. Tours are scheduled to resume in early 2020 once the work is complete. Visitors can still book tickets for a number of other tours at the Houses of Parliament which take place on Saturdays throughout the year and on weekdays during Parliamentary recesses.
Jakarta
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Impressive”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

It's a great big clock, and it doesn't disappoint as a landmark. We took a lot of photos here, and the real structure is more impressive than any of the photos I've seen so far.

Visited April 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“nice view”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

easy to observe on bus tour, no need to hop off, you can see all this structures glory from the top deck!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Andrea K
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Way better from closer !!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I have seen and heard enough about this particular sightseeing but when you pass near it , is far more impressive than in photos !!! I really liked it a lot as well as the whole London city in general !!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank kategavr
Hamilton & Waikato Region, New Zealand
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Seen it now”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

To be honest I got out of the tube and walked up and there were so many things to see I was not sure which was which. I saw the big clock but was thinking Big Ben must be somewhere else as I thought it was on its own. Across the road I saw a beautiful building. Stopped and asked a policeman who was lovely, he grabbed my shoulders and turned me around and said 'see that big thing there', I said yes and he said 'well that is Big Ben'. Funny. I just imagined it to be on its own somewhere. The building I liked the look off from across the road was Westminster. Another review for that. So Big Ben was great to see, I walked around the building it was linked to. You cannot go inside but I am glad I saw it.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank nzwestie
London
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great British History”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Folks come from all over the globe for a peek at our famous clock, we just take it for granted, get yourselves to Parliament Square and the surrounding area and remind yourself what makes Britain GREAT!

Visited March 2013