Ways to Experience Houses of Parliament
from $75.00
from $42.10
from $43.80
9,862 results
All reviews guided tour westminster hall local mp big ben robing room public gallery central lobby british government beautiful building steeped in history own pace afternoon tea excellent tour take photos london eye commons lords
Reviewed yesterday

I visited Westminster on a special day, the Brexit deal is being discussed in Parliament and there was a lot of stuff happening with protesters, herds of press and lost of politicians going to and fro. Sadly restorations are going on, so some of the splendor is not visible

Reviewed yesterday

It's the home of Big Ben and the buildings are absolutely stunning. Be aware though at present that the clock tower is under construction and covered with scaffolding - still worth a walk down along the river though

Reviewed yesterday

My wife and I visited The Houses of Parliament on a Saturday afternoon tour. It's about two hours with a very knowledgeable guide and is absolutely fascinating. I have to say we got more than we expected and were guided through the lobbies as well as the Commons and the Lords houses. We were given a fascinating history lesson on both, the building and our own heritage. We heard stories of Kings and Queens, Parliamentarians and plots and conspiracies. The building itself is undergoing some renovation but that didn't detract from the experience. I was even surprised by the prices in the gift shop, which I expected to be a rip off, I even bought a Tee Shirt. As a Londoner, I would highly recommend this as a good afternoon out in London and well worth the admission price.

Reviewed 2 days ago

I highly recommend the guided Saturday tour of parliament, which I arranged via the UK Parliament website. The tour was about two hours long, the guide knowledgeable, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

We were taken all through the Palace of Westminster: from the sumptuous red benches of the House of Lords, through the Queen's blue-carpeted rooms, to the Green Benches of the House of Commons.

Tea in the Marquee on the Thames was disappointing (although the setting was not), since they put teabags in pots of water that had not been warmed properly, but the tour itself was fantastic.

In addition to the tour, I attended four debates (on four other days); saw the Prime Minister twice (once at Prime Minister's Questions); caught the Speaker's eye during the Speaker's Procession [He actually wished me an enjoyable afternoon!]. I also attended a select committee, and ate a delicious dinner in the elegant Strangers' Dining Room.

Visiting the Mother of Parliaments and watching the government in action is truly thrilling. It was the highlight of my visit to London.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

I had a great visit of Parliament which included an audio tour. Be sure to leave plenty of time for security checks as you are given a full airport type screening.

I found the audio tour to be quite dull and I much preferred conversing with the staff as they were much more engaging.

Shame about the scaffolding but it didn’t spoil the experience.

Overall lovely visit but I wouldn’t go again.

Reviewed 3 days ago

Three generations from 11 to 68 enjoyed the children's tour of Parliament. A nice primer for those of us less than familiar with the British governmental system. The tour included both Houses and lots of information with the guide focusing primarily on the children and engaging their attention with interactive activities.

Reviewed 3 days ago

A group of us went for a tour to the Houses of Parliament. There were several groups there at the time all led by a guide. We were so lucky, our guide was CONNIE, she was young and so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about what we saw. You stand in the Central Lobby which is recognisable as it is from where the news on the T.V. is presented from. You then move through the House of Commons, House of Lords and the Robing Room where the Queen puts on her robes and the Imperial State Crown before The State Opening of Parliament.
It is a truly magnificent building with stunning architecture and paintings.
It was a brilliant couple of hours and well worth doing.

LizD2181, Marketing and Information Assistant at Houses of Parliament, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your tour. I have shared your appreciation with Connie.

Reviewed 3 days ago

Managed to get two tickets from my local MP for Prime Minister's question time. Sat in the public gallery with the glass screens protecting the politicians. Very lively atmosphere and debate. Beautiful building which is currently smothered in extensive scaffolding, but the interior is glorious, especially the central lobby.

Reviewed 3 days ago

This place is surrounded by all those through which you complete your Visit of London, and get all the best ICON in your walking Distance

Reviewed 4 days ago

Its an amazing building, flanked by two towers St Stephens to the east which is often wrongly referred to as Big Ben . Its currently under restoration so covered. The carvings alone on this building are truly amazing.

Thanks for your review, Tony M. Next time, please do come in and see the interiors. They are just as spectacular as the outside. You can watch debates whenever Parliament is in session, or you could take one of our tours.