“Facinating”

$39.49*
Inside the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey Tour in London
$88.51*
and up
London Walking Tour Including Fast-Track Westminster Abbey Visit and Changing...
$13.62*
Essential London Walking Tour
Ranked #9 of 1,736 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Most of this iconic building was built in the mid-19th century following a devastating fire in 1834. Westminster Hall survived the fire and dates from 1097. Visitors can book tours through the House of Commons and the House of Lords, and are welcome to watch debates and committees when the Houses are sitting..
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This tour was free courtesy of our MP, if you are a UK resident you can request a tour but make sure you do well in advance.
Our guide Bodo? a German gentleman put my knowledge to shame he was excellent. The tour took approximately 75 mins and included the House of Commons & the House of Lords. We knew this prior to arriving, but what I didn't realise was that we would be stood exactly were the PM and our MP's stand, and were the Lords sit.
There is so much information but we highly recommend a visit. Even our daughter who is 9 thought it was the best bit of our trip which amazed us especially after seeing Shrek!

Write a ReviewReviews (13,697)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our tour guide was the extremely informative 'Amanda', and it was a very enjoyable 1 and and half hours or so. The guide welcomed every visitor personally, asking where we were all from etc. She also answered every question given in great detail and without any hesitation.

I had visited before many years ago but I once again loved the wealth of information and fantastic interior around. The building is as impressive inside as it is outside, and I certainly recommend the houses of parliament to all. After the tour, we visited the cafe which was reasonably priced

The next time I visit the capital, I will try and venture into the public gallery.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Amazing tour guides with lots of knowledge and good humour. truly stunning architecture and history.
Shame about the current PM! :-)

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Really interesting and good to take the tour. Unfortunately, i felt somewhat like they rushed us through. Probably for security reasons. Well worth seeing though

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had never been in the Houses of Parliament as a child, so this was a wonderful "first" and far better than I expected. Imposing, interesting, cavernous. We had a very good guide, too. Fascinating to see the actual "corridors of power" and feel the history permeating the venerable stones.