“What a great experience”

Houses of Parliament
Book In Advance
$40.90*
Inside the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey Tour in London
$91.67*
and up
London Walking Tour Including Fast-Track Westminster Abbey Visit and Changing...
$60.93*
Private Tour: London Historical Walking Tour
Ranked #8 of 1,749 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Most of this iconic building was built in the mid-19th century following a devastating fire in 1834. Westminster Hall survived the fire and dates from 1097. Visitors can book tours through the House of Commons and the House of Lords, and are welcome to watch debates and committees when the Houses are sitting..
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had just visited Westminster Abbey (another don't miss) and we were taking photos of Big Ben. We saw a line of people qued up to get in to the Parliament. We approched the young man and asked him how you could obtain entry. It was a Friday just after noon. He said that the budget was just being finalized and there would be a Saturday session and if we arrrived for 9:00 a.m. we would be able to get in. After some pretty serious security checks, we were admitted to the chamber gallery. We thought we would stay for about a half hour and would up there until noon. It is so different from the way our House and Senate floors conduct business. It was straight out of "Iron Lady". The Tories tried to do an "end around" and ram a bill through containing the sale of alcohol in grocery stores without letting the opposition get a good look at the bill. Like I said, straight out of "Iron Lady". There was a whole lot of yelling, accusations, etc. It was wildly entertaining. So if you want to get a look at how things get done in the UK. Don't miss this trip and be sure to get yourself into the gallery to take in some of the dialogue! I hope it is as entertaining for you as it was for me.

1  Thank Dave S
Write a ReviewReviews (13,827)

Reviewed November 16, 2012

my friend and i had a tour of the houses of parliament,and found it very interesting.the guides explain the history and how parliament works.buetiful building,you see and walk through the house of commons and the house of lords,we enjoyed our tour very much

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I loved the Houses of Parliament it was very long the best bit would be Big Ben but it could be more in action

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Although I was there in my professional, business, capacity, I recommend a visit to the centre of British Government. There are guided tours, but be prepared for airline style security (for obvious reasons!)

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Book and pay the 15 pounds in advance. This well worth the visit. So much history and so many engaging stories that it really coloured the rest of my visit to London.