Dawson House Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfinchley road tubeensuite bathroomplace to stayquiet neighborhoodtea making facilitiesfamily roommin walksmall hotelcooked breakfastshort stayhampsteadclosetstationhairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This hotel situated off the Finchley Road is housed in an old Victorian house. Very quiet except for the floor boards which tend to creak a bit. My room was enormous with three beds but only one radiator which was not sufficient to heat the room. Bad news as it was about -2 degrees outside. There is a nice garden area to sit in but not in winter! The furnishings were very nice if a little jaded although the bathroom is very small, the same size as a mobile home WC. There is no bar or restaurant at the hotel but the Finchley Road is about 5 minutes walk away. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Recommended for a quiet pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here for 14 nights during the Olympic games. Was a fantastic location, on the Jubilee train line and quick access to London, Olympic Park and on the same line as Wembley Stadium so you avoid the main crowd coming from the city. Also easy access to Wimbledon on the tube.
Most mornings we missed breakfast (too many late nights, we are in our 20's), but what we got we were satisfied with.

Hotel staff very friendly and the free WIFI was the best we had at any hotel as we traveled after the games.

It's not The Ritz but for the traveler wanting a great location with Finchley Road shops etc just down the street and London 5 stops on the tube (literally 10mins at most) I would recommend Dawson House.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Martin D
Reviewed April 30, 2012

lovely quiet backwater but good access to central london, not huge rooms and even less huge bathroom, but great value, friendly staff and great breakfast - all round really good value for money - 24hr wifi thrown in.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fluffyman
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a group spending a few days walking in London.Priced at £93 per night - it is now £97 - it does not compare with offers advertised from the likes of the Holiday Inn, Thistle etc.The room felt dingy and redecoration was long overdue.The pillows failed my "pillow test" in that they flopped completely when held over the arm.The furniture was cheap and fairly battered. The bathroom was smaller than those on a cruise ship and I had to ask to have months/years of accumulated grime removed from around the taps.
Breakfast was standard B and B fare.
I would not stay here again as there are better places for the same or less.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights whilst accessing a course in St John's Wood. It was clean and the breakfasts were also good. For London in a quiet area, it was good value for money.
Some of the male staff could have been more helpful, but I can forgive them as overall for me it met my needs.
My single room was coffin shaped!! It tapered at the end. I have nothing to compare it with, but for a large person, they could have difficulty with the tiny en suite. It would be best to check room layout, there seemed to be a number of single travellers, therefore single rooms which have all been hived off another larger room, I could hear snoring through the wall one the first night!
It is a 5 - 10 minute walk to Finchley Rd - Underground as well as some good shops and restaurants.
I think a "very good" is generous, but I have had an horrendous experience in Youth Hostel a few years ago which was more expensive.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business