“Family Break”

London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale
Ranked #381 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Very pleased with our experience. Reception and Concierge staff were welcoming and efficient. Room was spacious and clean, if a little worn in parts (bathroom floor and some furniture). Spa facilities very good and boys enjoyed pool. Breakfast was plentiful and staff were helpful and very attentive without intruding. We were asked if we were staying for a special occasion - we told them it was our son's 10th birthday and when we came back to our room in the evening there were balloons, a card signed by several staff and a dessert with cream on a covered dish waiting for him. His face was a picture - what a lovely gesture! Location was brilliant - will return. Only realised on return home that there was no comment card in room, but thanks to all at Marriott Maida Vale!

Room Tip: We were at front of hotel facing main road, not a problem for us.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I struggled immensely in finding a hotel that would be accessible to my friend who is in a wheelchair. This particular hotel was the only one within our price range, but they did say they could at least give us a "stool" in the shower. Now, my friend is able to transfer so we took a gamble and said that would work. Yes, this was a gamble, but in almost any European city we knew that accessibility would be difficult since they don't want to destroy their history. Slightly understandable, but besides the point.

When we arrived at the hotel after 4 (over an hour past when check-in is) we were told that our room wasn't ready, and wouldn't be until 6. If the check-in is at 3, I expect my room to be ready then. They didn't have another handicap accessible room available, but they did (after quite a bit of pushing) allow us to get ready for our show (which started at 7) in another room. This was pretty unacceptable to us, but we were pressed for time so we took what we could get.

Later, when we came back from our show, I asked to speak to a manager on how upset we were. I was spoken to quite condescendingly about how, "I knew that the accessibility wasn't perfect" and that "sometimes rooms aren't ready on time". *I* have worked in hotels before and if you have a check in time 4 hours after the check out time I expect the rooms to be ready. If your hotel is not accessible when I need it after it promised to be, I expect things to be made right. If you treat us rudely continuously than the very least you can do is attempt to make things right. They finally conceded in giving us the breakfast option.

This was fine, not enough, but ok considering that the room was big enough for the wheelchair and they did give us a stool (it was dirty, but still).

The facilities overall were fine, the concierge Ralph was wonderful and the breakfast was, passable.

Unfortunately the creme de la creme of our stay was when they told us a time table for when to get to the airport and it was about 2 hours too quick. My friend missed her flight completely and had to wait until the next morning to catch the next one (with expenses incurred).

I would not recommend this hotel for anyone.

Room Tip: Don't go, and definitely don't trust the reservation department, the check in desk, or their...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank Holly N
Marriott_Maida, Guest Relations Manager at London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Holly N,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. Please be aware that the experience you encountered during your stay is something that we are investigating with our team and will be contacting you directly very shortly.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention and giving us the opportunity to review this highly out of the ordinary guest experience and rest assured that a full investigattion is under way.

Our sincerest regards - The Guest Relations Team at the London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Recently stayed at the hotel for four days and was disappointed at how the front desk handled my complaint in charging me for Internet Service at 15 pounds per day. First, I indicated that I made the reservation via Priceline and the site indicated that the room came with Internet Service. I used my cell phone and took a camera of the screen showing the same, but the front desk manager said it was only for the lobby, even though the site said room amenities. In addition, I did not have my Marriott Gold Elite number and Marriott said they could not find me in the system, but they did look....disappointed in overall hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Marriott_Maida, Manager at London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Inspec180,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale, it is greatly appreciated.

I do apologise about the experience you encountered regarding the internet package and the third party website that you booked through. We work with a large number of third party websites such as Priceline and we will review the information that we provide them to ensure that all details are up to date.

Regarding the search for your Marriott Rewards Membership; should you wish to stay with us again, please do kindly call ahead and provide us with your details and we will ensure that we make up for the negative experience you received during your say.

Kindest regards from all of the team here at the London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel is very well managed and has easy access to all parts of London through buses and Tube. The rooms are clean and look new, the service is appreciable, the facilities are great too. Loved the Launge for its breakfast though they have a good scope of adding varieties in fresh food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pseudo_AG
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Ive stayed here twice. 2013 and 2003! Great hotel. Great location, I love to walk to the Kilburn station or to the little indian restaurant across the street. Staff is helpful, rooms are clean. Great hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ZethaLove
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The hotel is located outside of the central heart of London's West End on a busy street close to Kilburn. It has a small underground car park (which has a low ceiling and tight parking spaces) which is accessed via a card provide by the concierge desk. The public spaces are relatively modest in size - there is a very interesting display wall showing pictures of famous people who have stayed at the hotel - there were loads - the only two i can remember were Simon Pegg and Oasis. The bar was showing a Champions League game the night i stayed, service sharp in a busy bar.

The bedroom in typical Marriott fashion were well specified albeit they were not the largest i have stayed in in London.

This is a tidy unfussy hotel that does a solid job.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here on a tour of London. The hotel is located around 3 blocks from the famous Beatles Abbey Road and is one and half blocks from the Kilburn Park Underground station. The rooms are very clean, the hotel staff is so nice and the food for both room service and in the pub are great.

We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and and each morning you can order made to order omelets or eggs. The concierge was so helpful when I needed to make a call and with all of my questions. There is a starbucks one block away and a few pubs that offer good fish and chips. The hotel bar stays open until 1 AM and offers a good selection of beers and wines. Very nice stay for the price and great staff!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo