“Good hotel with a great gym”

London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale
Ranked #381 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I feel like I need to give a shout out to this hotel because this is actually a pretty good hotel.
Yes, it's older but I could find nothing wrong with it at all. Staff at the front desk and the bar were very friendly and helpful.
And if you're a gym nut this hotel is heaven as you're not using a tiny hotel gym but you get access to Bannatyne health & fitness club next door. It's not the biggest gym in the world but it's got new cardio machines (with personal TVs that actually work), weight machines, and a pool as well. It's a bit of an up and down trek to get there through the hotel corridors but it's real easy to get there on the outside. Just exit the front door, walk to the right and take a right at the next street and you're there. It's only a 30 second jog.
And finally, the location is ok. The walk to Kilburn Park Bakerloo station is about 5 minutes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Marriott_Maida, Manager at London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Tupelo72,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. At the hotel, we love to hear from guests that have truly enjoyed their stay, as it reminds us all why we are working in the hospitality industry in the first place.

We do hope to see you again at some stage in the future.

Kind regards from all the team here at the London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,214)

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We got an excellent hotel at this Hotel in Priceline.com! The Underground (Tube) Station of Kilburn Park is very close! The staff is very polite and have a special attention with all the guest! I would really recommend this hotel to a friend!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Not that bad a location, short walk to excellent Bakerloo Line. Tesco and a lot of shops just down the road. As for the hotel, cramped rooms, worn-out fittings, and paper thin walls.Good service at the front desk. If it were cheaper I would recommend it, but at the present price, would look elsewhere. There is a pool, available to those who manage to find it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

A decent hotel in a good location with lot of great amenities. Although little far from the business centre in London, the connectivity and convenience makes up for it. Good staff and service. Although unlink other Marriotts in other parts of the world, the room upgrades are not so good.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the road
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Booked through Expedia at short notice 2 nights for three adults £160 a night which was comparable with other hotels in the area.on the hotel website it advises secure parking is available (chargeable) however I was not expecting £30 a night. On check I was told that the third bed would be a pullout sofa bed I was not overly impressed with this but had to accept it. On entering our room on the third floor the first thing we noticed was the road noise this was because the window would not close properly and had a 1/4 inch gap along one edge, the sofa bed was not pulled out and there was no bedding available for it. Returned to reception and was very quickly given a room on the 6th floor with apologies. We dined in the restaurant the first evening and was very happy with the service and food, very nice steak cooked perfectly, and the pizza is really good don't go for the 14 inch unless you are really hungry. When we retired to bed my son soon realised how uncomfortable the sofa bed was,I tried it and the mattress was so thin it felt like lying on a ladder, added to this every slight movement resulted in creeks and groans from the bed so my son ended up sleeping on the floor, apparently not a problem for him but not what I expected for £160 a night. At breakfast the next morning we were told as the hotel was so busy they had an offer on the Buffett breakfast it was £12 instead of £18.95.It was just about ok for £12 however I would have been very upset if it was full price, I've had a lot better for less. The hotel was conveniently located for an event we were attending at wembley stadium however if I were to attend such an event again I would try and book further in advance to get a greater choice of available hotels.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Petejohn11,

We are very sorry to hear you did not have the experience you were expecting. The discomfort of the sofa bed is inexcusable, as well as your dissatisfaction with our breakfast. Please do let us know if you are considering returning in the future so we can ensure you are allocated a room with two queen beds for your family of three. In addition, we will be happy to offer you alternative breakfast options in the area should you wish to try somewhere else.

Thank you so much for your review, feedback is always welcomed with open arms, and is passed on to the whole team for consideration.

We do look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We spent two nights at this property prior to departing on a Baltic Cruise. The property was good, up to usual Marriott Standards. The staff was very nice and very helpful. We were able to check in early which allowed us to take a nap after the overnight flight from the US. When we went to explore the neighborhood, the staff provided us with maps and suggestions. There is a tube stop 2 blocks up and 1 block over that is convenient. Try the Queens Arms pub (not in Trip Ad visor for some reason) just across the street. They offer traditional pub grub as well as some amazing Mediterranean dishes. We tried one of the samplers and it was fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

So my stay at the Marriott Hotel, Maida Vale was unimpressive but will be sadly memorable only for the hotel staff taking monies without authorisation nearly £400.

You could/should expect a phone call right ? To a mobile ? No to my room, guess what I wasn't in !

The manager Jaewon Tells me that it is corporate policy to charge
Full stay to debit cards on the 1st night, I was charged only one night, after the second night a letter appeared under my door to visit reception at my convenience apparently as there are uncovered charges to my room ie 1 night and dinner. My convenience turned into the following day, and before I returned to the hotel I was charged the £400 without authorisation, not satisfactory. Mistakes happen i grant that, and the girl who charged me the first night, authorised my payment nothing wrong with that, but to take money without authority, I know what I call that....

Letter will be on its way to Marriott, if you get the choice I would stay regents park Marriott or not at all.

For such a big brand -ve score for customer service you have failed, and I will not likely try you again.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank acereview

Dear acereview,

We were very sorry to read your review and see that you left the hotel unsatisfied with your experience. We strive to resolve issues as soon as they occur so the guest is not inconvenienced in any way, but I can see that this did not happen for you.

When you checked in, our front office staff should have informed you that an authorisation is taken on your debit card upon check in, as is company policy. Often, guests choose to authorise a credit card instead as it doesn't hold funds in the same way. We apologise for the inconvenience this caused you, and can see that you may not choose to stay with us again.

Should you travel back to London, we would love for you to stay with us again so we can give you a better experience. If you decide to travel to Marriott Regent's Park instead, please do get in touch and let us know, so we can ensure your stay there goes without any hiccups.

Thank you once again for taking the time write your review and should you return to London we would love the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.