The best thing about this hostel is undeniably its location. Literally opposite the British Museum and within walking distance of Oxford Street, Piccadilly Circus, and Chinatown.
The room was extremely basic (just bunk beds, a sink, and a heater) but pretty big, and the shower amenities were also basic but clean.
The breakfast was actually surprisingly varied, with four different types of cereal, milk, bread, jam, butter, chocolate, and peanut butter. This was all free, but of course you're allowed to buy your own food and store it in one of the fridges.
Overall a very cheap place which offered just what we needed: a place to rest after exploring this amazing city!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the oldest low budget hotels in London, the Museum has been helping weary backpackers and travellers loosen up since 1977! The location of this hostel makes it one of the best value hostels in London central. Right in front of the British Museum guests can access Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden and Leicester Square in just 10 minutes. Definitely the best central London hostel.A cosy budget hostel split across two buildings near Russell Square, this low cost hotel doesn't feel much like it. With a recently renovated kitchen, new reception and revamped lounge. There are dozens of sights located so close to the hostel, and is best hostel to visit as much of London as you can take in! Otherwise stay indoors with your fellow residents and enjoy a good time in the kitchen or if weather permits on our small terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Astor Museum Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astor`s Museum Hotel London
- Astor Museum Hostel London, England