“good friendly staff but rude foreigners”

St. Christopher's Inn Hostel - London Bridge
Ranked #398 of 923 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed October 28, 2013

when reviewing this hostel it was described as a night club and a 'party hostel' most staff were very friendly - some just miserable. very annoyed with the attitude if some guests, this hotel cost me £10 a night and I couldn't really complain. had a few noisy room mates but I expected that so wasn't a big deal but some guests started complaining which made more noise and woke my partner up. the rooms are lovely and so are the staff but the toilets and showers are pretty grim. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. if you want a five star hotel then pay for one.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Good location, clean, and had a very cool bar. Walking distance to main attractions. I have stayed in a lot of hostels and this was definitely one of the better ones. Would recommend. Do not get taxi from airport , very expensive.. We found out the hard way. Simple to catch train.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Amanda301
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Perfect place to stay in the heart of London, rooms were clean as were the bathrooms. Plenty of restaurants in the area, and food stores. This is a great chain of Hostels found in most European cities.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

First of all, this hostel is in a great location. It has very easy access to all of London's attractions. Also, the hostel is cleaned daily. Although old, the rooms and bathrooms are acceptably clean.

My room, an 8 bed dorm, was a disappointment. The three days I was in London the temperature was approaching 90F- we had no air conditioning. I woke up every day sweating from the excessive heat. Additionally, we had one working wall outlet to use (in a room for 8), and were told that was common in the rooms. The staff- oh the staff! On the first day I asked them what their favorite free museum was and I was laughed at?... The staff is a bunch of Australians who know little about the city (by the way Tate Modern and the Natural History Museum are good free museums). Every time I would go to the front desk to ask for information, I would not be given any useful information. If you stay here just be prepared to use your phone in the "chill out" area for information about the city.

I would recommend this hostel if all you are worried about is location and/or partying. The accommodations are decent, at best, and the staff is sub-par.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Ehersber
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have stayed here for few times and I really recomend it. The Hostel is really central located, few minutes walk to London Bridge Station. Have a lot of shops and place to eat around, I highly recomend Borough Market just across the road. The hostel pub have deals for the people staying in the hotel and I had dinner there every night after a long day visiting London, food is amazing, all freshly cook (unlike most of the english pubs I have been in London) and they had a different menu every time I have been down to London which make it more exiting. Staff both at reception and in the pub were very friendly and the pub staff remember me every night and they were aking me about my day which makes me feel so comfortable. If you are planning to travel to London, be close to all main attractions and at the same time have a place to go everynight and meet other travellers this is definetily the place to go, even if you are solo traveller.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ram R
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here in London. Have a nice bar and centrally located, would stay again when there. London is expensive so would rather spend money out enjoying the city and less on accomodation so it fit the bill. It served its needs for a comfy bed, shower and bar to meet people.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I had the best time at St Christopher's Inn. The rooms were comfy, the showers always hot and clean. The hostel is right in the middle of the city so you are close to everything. After a long day walking around, I decided to get some food in the little pub downstairs- you get special deals if you're a guest so I had really good food and a few beers without spending much money! I met some other travelers and some locals, it was a great time! I would recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo