“One of the best hostels I have stayed in”

St. Christopher's Inn Hostel - London Bridge
Ranked #387 of 956 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I absolutely loved this hostel. It was clean, cheap, and in a great location which I believe are the three main things to look for in a hostel. When we arrived the lock on our 14-bed room was broken so they allowed us to store all valuables in lockers for free during our stay. The lock on the door was fixed anyway by the day after we arrived. Some of the staff were friendly and helpful, some where not. This happens. Also we stayed in the main building and it was quite loud in the hostel. I am a heavy sleeper and prefer a cheaper price than quiet room so it didn't really bother me. They have another building a block down that they advertise as the quieter building, but since I did not say there, I couldn't tell you. They also have a free breakfast that consists of toast, cornflakes, tea, and coffee. It is not much but when traveling free food is great. One of the best things is that while staying there you receive 10% off all food and can get the 3.95(in pounds) special. The special changes but is usually a wrap/sandwich with fries. The fries were always perfect and the main dish was good as well. It is a good amount of delicious food for cheaper than any other restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca K

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Clean room.

DIRTY, DIRTY bathroom. That was the only problem. From clogged toliets to mold growing on the floor. Yuck.

Noisy. I didn't mind it, but if you are a light sleeper, DO NOT COME HERE. There is a bar/club downstairs that blasts music. A lot of partiers come here. It is definitely a party hostel. It WILL be noisy.

Security - meh. There are lockers underneath the bunk beds. Bring a lock. It is imperative to bring a lock if you are worried about security.

The staff was the best perk. They were friendly, helped us navigate from hostel to airport. So sweet.

Not my cup of tea. Not coming here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Hostel was clean enough I suppose. Beds weren't squeaky really, but it opened out to a pub alley -- v loud! Lots of climbing to get to room. Not sure how clean the sheets were because every morning something was wrong with my skin (like a rash).

Room Tip: Room with more people. There is more room to move around. The 4 bed room is cramped.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was the least clean hostel we've stayed in during our travel. the entrance to the rooms smelled from puke, it was very loud during the night, and the toilets were never clean.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Swertyyy
Reviewed April 1, 2011

not a bad hostel, we stayed in a private twin shared bathroom the room was great, had everything we needed and nice and clean. 3 of the 4 bathrooms were closed for an unknown reason and the one remaining left a little to be desired, also really annoying having to push the time saver button every 15 seconds when youre trying to wash your hair.

The bar downstairs was cool, good cheap meals and drinks but the staff were less than impressed to be serving us. The staff at reception were little help when we asked for advice on where to go and how to get there. Just a quick walk from the london bridge underground but really on the wrong side of the river for the main sights and nightlife.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I stayed here as I needed last minute accommodation in London that would not cost the earth and as I was travelling without the other half, I thought "What the Hell?"

It is an average hostel located on Borough High Street, which makes it convenient for Borough Market and London Bridge Station.

There were plenty amenities, however I would recommend that a mop and bucket is left in each bathroom so the next user can wash out their own shower if they wish, as there was a LOT of hair in the showers by the time I got to them at 8.00am which I had to remove with baby wipes before I could get in the (cold) shower.

The bar downstairs is open until 2am, which is handy if you fancy a nightcap before bed and if you are staying in room 21 as I was, I recommend you have a few drinks as it is not easy to sleep next to a main route into The City with the window open otherwise. In short, avoid room 21 if you can.

Certainly value for money and if desperation for accommodation forced me to stay again, I would.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2010

My friend and I stayed at St Christopher's in a private room. The beds were comfortable & the building itself has great character, with a cool pub downstairs. Breakfast was included in the price, & they provided a good range of food. St Christopher's also has free hi speed wi-fi which is important to most people who are traveling. The down side was the showers & the atmosphere. Some staff were friendly, but there was a general coldness about the majority of them which made me feel uncomfortable.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends