“very good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #111 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Chorley, United Kingdom
“very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

As I was going to Wimbledon to the tennis . I was looking for somewhere near Victoria so I could also do some shopping . all the staff are very helpful and I met the couple who own and run the +hotel lovely people
the room I had was small but it had everything there and very clean and also air con which I liked
its good to be able to make a cup of tea in your room
the breakfast was very good as I don't have a cooked one
it had chopped fruit , yogurts , ham , fresh croissants and lots
to choose from and good tea so a gig thank you to all the from Marion
I would defiantly stay there again

Room Tip: I was on my own so the room I had was fine
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
TheWindermere, Chief Operations Officer at The Windermere Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear bonzo484

Thank you Marion for taking the time to post your review. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our facilities, in particular our fabulous breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back, perhaps even before Wimbledon 2015! Please do contact us directly (email or telephone) when you are ready to book again. We have a variety of room categories ranging from the Classic Single up to the Deluxe Double. We would, for example, be able to arrange a Large Single room for you (double bed, en suite shower room) if you prefer a more spacious single room. This would be subject to availability at the time of booking.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
Emily Hambi, The Windermere

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

As someone that travels globally on a regular basis I have to say the Windermere is a hotel that sticks out and went above and beyond so many other places I have stayed. The administration and staff are excellent. I strongly recommend this hotel for anyone going to London for business or pleasure and will for sure
return.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Scott_mtl
TheWindermere, Chief Operations Officer at The Windermere Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Scott_mtl

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. It is a real pleasure receiving such lovely compliments from a well travelled individual. We certainly hope to welcome you back to The Windermere whenever you next return to London, be it for business or pleasure.

Best wishes
Aliso Viejo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband booked us into this lovely little hotel. We stayed for six nights. Our room was very clean and quiet. The staff were very helpful. The little brasserie was great for breakfast and dinner. It was nice not having to 'go out' for breakfast. I accidentally forgot my iPod and the staff went through great lengths to make sure I got it back. I know that if I ever get back to London, this would be my first choice.

1 Thank Jennifer A
Dear Jennifer A

Greetings from London! It is lovely to hear from you again. I am very pleased to learn that you were happy with our service. I sincerely hope that the iPod reached you safely.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Our warmest regards
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have been searching for a place to stay in London and contacted a few hotels and been very disappointed in their response. I have just spoken to Emily at The Windermere, who answered all my questions in a very friendly, helpful and professional manner. I made my booking for next month, instantly and am now looking forward to a pleasant stay and will post another review once this has taken place. Why can't all hotels will be like this and care about their customers?

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kaff_12
TheWindermere, Chief Operations Officer at The Windermere Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear kaff_12

Thank you so much for posting a review of your booking experience. It was a pleasure speaking with you. We certainly look forward to welcoming you to The Windermere very soon. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we may be of any assistance pre-arrival.

I look forward to meeting you.

Best regards
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The Windermere Hotel is located in a cosy neighbourhood at a very comfortable distance from Victoria Station. The room that we stayed in wasn't too big, but after a long day of walking around London, there could be nothing more welcoming than the smile we received at the reception and the warmth of the hotel staff. We were received by Kiril at the hotel reception and he made sure we had everything we wanted in the room. Breakfast was a homely affair. The hotel is within walking distance of Westminster and a little walk further down and you are by the London Eye. It was especially the location that made our stay worthwhile in London.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Manjoori
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Spent 4 nights in the Windermere Hotel and was very pleased. The location is great, a short walk from Victoria Station. We had a Deluxe Double which was very comfortable (and bigger than some of their rooms). London was warm and sunny when we were there (lucky I guess) and the room air conditioner was nice to cool the room off at night. Breakfast was very convenient and tasty. There are several pubs and restaurants within walking distance. Overall a wonderful experience

1 Thank Alex99998
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Windermere and had a most enjoyable time. The rooms are small, but efficient. The bistro downstairs serves excellent food, both for breakfast and for dinner. I picked the hotel online for price and location. Neither disappointed. We were able to walk much of London because of its central location. I would recommend it to everyone, and we certainly would stay there again.