“Never Again”
Review of Nayland Hotel

Nayland Hotel
Ranked #334 of 579 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2009

This had to be the worst hotel room I ever stayed in! Small, dark, airless & overlooked by other rooms. Could only move sideways in bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LilianDublin

Reviewed May 12, 2009

Stayed one night only (had booked 4 nights) was told rudely on arrival that my smoking room did not exist. The 'room' was an attic space. Reception manager unbelievably aggressive and rude. Found a very nice hotel around the corner for the same price with smoking facility and adequate sized room.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Doraz
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We arrived to be told that the hotel was over booked. I had made the reservation 2 months ago. They never contacted me to tell me this. We are Americans living in Germany with the military. The staff at the Nayland was not helpful, just gave us a map and sent us away. We were told our new hotel was an upgrade with a restaurant and said we would have free drinks. THEY LIED! Because of our German address we were sent to stay at the GERMAN YMCA!!!! When I booked there were no reviews from 09. Had read the Feb. and Mar. reviews I would never haved booked there. The YMCA seems like heaven compared to the Nayland.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank ourEuropeanvacation
Reviewed March 29, 2009

but...be aware, that we order wakeup call and we didn`t get it...we pay the room the night before we go, but at the morning when we returned keycard the girl from the reception sayed that we must pay the room... :-( , the marmaid make your bed at room but nothing else..you stil get the dirty sheets and glasses in your room...the breakfast is realy awfull...but we got one good thing at the hotel and this was one very nice man at reception*

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank HelgaEurope
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Stay away from this hotel. Not clean. Breakfast terrible. Horrible staff atitude including useless and unhelpful management. We do not know how we lasted in there for 2 nights especially with a mouse running around under the bed and in the shower. Our bedcover looked like as if it has been pulled out of a rubish bag and put on the bed. Dirty pillow cases, sheets with blood stains. In the morning we had requested to see the manager only to find out that he was still sleeping and that they didn't know what time he would be at work. Great! The receptionist was to busy talking on her mobile and just left us there standing helpless. Should I say more? I gave enough time. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank ready2flyhigh
Reviewed October 5, 2008

We stayed in the Nayland because we did not want to pay top dollar, but I am sure there are other options! The reception staff were not unfriendly, but they were not effusive in their welcome either and I was wrongly directed to a place by one of them, which was costly. We were not impressed by having to leave our bags two doors down when we arrived early either. The room itself was okay, and the bathroom was clean and water pressure good. There were no tea/coffee making facilities which I have never met before. The breakfast was dire and we took to eating down the street in preference, so I suppose that improved their profits. Tip - a welcoming smile and a willingness to help are both good.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed June 8, 2008

I had read other reviews on the hotel so I wasnt very sure of what I was going to find, but in the end it wsa very good surprise. The room though small (it is London, you cannot ask for big rooms), vas very cozy and clean, and with everything I needed. The staff was more than helpful and the location ideal. The only downside was that at the moment there were no telephone lines working, but since it wasn t a long stay, it didn t matter. I would definetely come back

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)